Original TV Stars Show @ Twin Towns
Yesterday afternoon I went to Twin Towns to see the Original TV Stars Show which had Australian music legends Issi Dye, Tony Worsley, Denise "Ding Dong" Drysdale and Lucky Starr as I have seen them live plenty of times as I only I saw Issi back in June during Cooly Rocks On, Denise Drysdale at Cooly Rocks On 13 years ago, Lucky Starr 2 years ago at Redland Performing Arts Centre as part of the Good Old Days of Rock and Roll show and Tony Worsley also 2 years at Twin Towns. The show started at 2.30pm with George Harvey from the Four Kinsmen doing the intro which Issi Dye wearing the blue gear coming out on stage performing 3 songs starting off the Johnny Cash song Ring Of Fire, then Tony Worsley came out performing an few songs including his famous 1965 hit Velvet Waters as well as mentioning that he has re-recorded Velvet Waters as well as telling an few jokes, Issi came which he sang 2 Buddy Holly songs, then Denise Drysdale came out which she performed 3 songs including Hey Paula with Issi as well as telling stories about her career as well as doing movements including the chook and telling an joke too , Issi came back on stage singing Dream Lover and Lucky Starr came out which perfomed an few songs including his famous hit I've Been Everywhere as well as telling jokes too and then Issi, Tony and Denise joined Lucky doing Johnny Be Goode with Tony playing harmonica which he plays it very well. The show finished after 4pm, Lucky, Denise, Issi and Tony came out to sign stuff as well as having photos an I bought Denise's cooler as well as seeing Tony's wife Anne as well as John and his daughter Michelle and met Bob Pritchard who was an singer back in the 60's on the Australian music show Kommotion and John "Bluey" Watson who played with Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs in the 60's playing on the early hits including Poison Ivy and Over The Rainbow as well as getting photos with Denise, Tony, Lucky and Issi. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and Issi, Tony, Denise and Lucky still sounding great as well as very entertaining giving the audience an great time as well as the back up band including Peter Volwes who has played with Digger Revell and Normie Rowe were FANTASTIC too as well as playing great too. I look forward to see them again and if you have not seen any of these acts please do yourselves an favour and SEE THEM which you will be impressed and amazed as well as entertained which I am sure it will bring back memories to those who grew up in the 60's and 70's as well as well those who are discovering the music for the 1st time as it will be an experience.
Set List-
Issi Dye-
Ring Of Fire
Sing
Let me Be There
Tony Worsley-
Can't Help Falling In Love
634-5789
Rainy Night In Georgia
Rockin Good Way
Chantilly Lace
Velvet Waters (1965)
Issi Dye-
It's So Easy
Oh Boy
Denise Drysdale-
What A Wonderful World
Been Green
Hey Paula(1974) with Issi Dye
Issi Dye-
Dream Lover
Lucky Starr-
Volare
Love Is In The Air
Sweet Caroline
Unchained Melody
I've Been Everywhere (1962)
Issi, Denise, Lucky and Tony-
Johnny Be Goode




Comments
Post a Comment