Rock The House @ QPAC





 On Saturday night February 20th I went to QPAC Lyric Theater to see the show Rock The House which had 4 Australian music legends Kate Ceberano, John Paul Young, Glenn Shorrock and Brian Cadd  and Ross Wilson was supposed to come but because of the situation in Victoria he couldn't go and it was my first  live show @ QPAC since June 12th 2019 when I saw the Monkees with Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz. I caught the bus from Carindale to South Bank which I saw Rob an man I knew from Norman Park church from 2005-11  which we got talking, I got off at South Bank, saw Davina an lady I knew on the train 30 years ago  which it was the first time saw her in 28 years since about mid 1993 on an Wednesday and saw her sister, went to Nandos, rang home, Had chicken and chips for dinner, drank coke zero and walk to QPAC. Show the bar code of my ticket, put my bag in cloakroom, ate chocolate, went inside and waited. The show started at about 8pm with Kate Ceberano was first on stage doing 2 songs, then John Paul Young with Warren The Pig Morgan came on next doing 2 hits from the 70's, Glenn Shorrock came on which he did 3 Little River Band songs, Brian Cadd came on which he and Glenn did Arkansas Grass and he did 4 songs himself including Don't You Know It's Magic which he wrote that for Johnny (John) Farnham and there was an interval which I bought the Kate Ceberano CD Sweet Inspiration, drank Coke Zero, went inside and waited. Glenn Shorrock and Brian Cadd came back on stage doing A Little Ray Of Sunshine, Glenn then did 2 more Little River Band hits, Kate Ceberano  came on which she did 3 songs , John Paul Young with Warren came out  which he did 2 more of his classic 70's recordings and  then all the acts came on stage  which they each did the biggest hit which John Paul Young finished the night with Love Is In The Air. The show finished at 10.40pm, saw an guy I know from the gigs,  picked up my bag from the Cloakroom, Kate Ceberano came out to sign CD's, went to the bus stop, caught bus, rang home, got off at Carindale, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC night which everyone had a great time  and I had an great time too and Kate, Glenn, Brian and JPY all sounding great and singing better than ever  which they are glad to be back on stage in front of an audience as well as the backing band was Fantastic including Tony Mitchell on Bass from the legendary Australian band Sherbet and Rex Goh on guitar who was from another legendary Australian group Air Supply. I am so glad to see live shows again particularly at QPAC and hope to go there again  during the year as well as these acts again soon. 

Set 1-
Kate Ceberano- Brave and Sweet Inspiration
John Paul Young- I Hate the Music and I Wanna Do It With You
Glenn Shorrock- Home on A Monday, Curiosity Killed the Cat and Cool Change 
Brian Cadd- Arkansas Grass with Glenn, Don't You Know It's Magic, Let Go, Ginger Man and Your Mama Don't Dance

Set 2-
Glenn Shorrock- A Little Ray Of Sunshine with Brian Cadd, Reminiscing and Lonesome Loser
Kate Ceberano- Bedroom Eyes, Pash and Hold On
John Paul Young- Pasadena and Yesterday's Hero  
Kate Ceberano- Feeling Alright along with Brian, Glenn and JPY
Brian Cadd- Keep On Rockin
Glenn Shorrock- Help Is On It's Way
John Paul Young- Love Is In The Air

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015