Engelbert Humperdinck @ QPAC Concert Hall

Last night I had the great pleasure to see iconic British singer Engelbert Humperdinck at QPAC Concert Hall which it was my first time. Dad took me to the bus stop, caught bus to SOuth Bank which my friend Steven rang me, got off at South Bank, went to the Plough Inn, rang Dad, had Chicken Parmigiana, chips and Salad for dinner, drank pepsi Max and walk to QPAC. Saw John, met his daughter Michelle and Charles, went to the Cloak room which the lady said that was no need to give the bag as it was small, went upstairs, bought Engelbert Humperdinck Hat and CD, drank Coke With No Sugar, went inside and use my mobile. The show started after 7pm with footage of Engelbert from the 70's and then Engelbert came on stage which he started off with the Platters song Only You and then performed his hits from the 60's and 70's as well as the other songs like the Toby Keith song Don't The Old Man In as well as an tribute to his wife Patricia Everywhere I Go as well as telling some stories as well as during one song he wore an hat as well as sitting down some of the time for certain songs as well as even tried to do It's Not Unusual the Tom Jones which he did an bit of it and also at the end of the show threw red hankerchiefs in the audience as well as wearing an red dressing gown. The show finished at 8.39pm, walk to the bus stop, saw John and Michelle, caiught bus, rang Dad, got off at Carindale, Dad picked me up and came home. It was FANTASTIC and BRILLIANT with Engelbert still sounding great at age 88 as well as singing great and can still entertain an crowd which was sold out which it's amazing to see and the back up band were just FANTASTIC which the young guitarist was just great as well as the lady keyboard players were great too. Everyone had an great time which I enjoyed it singing along to many of the songs and I am glad that to see this iconic music legend as I did not want to miss the opportunity as he might not come back but he did say last night he might come back which you never know so it was the experience of my life. Set List- Only You Am I That Easy To Forget(1968) Let Me Into Your Life A Man Without Love(1968) After the Lovin (1976) Ten Guitars(b side of Release Me 1967) Can't Take My Eyes Off You Quando Quando Quando (1968) If You Don't Know Me By Now Besame Mucho Stay For Me Don't Let The Old Man In Ole Time Rock n Roll Everywhere I Go The Last Waltz(1967) This Moment In Time/The Way It Used To Be/Les Bicyclettes de Belsize/There Goes My Everything/Spanish Eyes Release Me(1967) Keep The Music Playing For The Good Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015