Greazefest 2026

Today I went to the Cleveland Showground for the rockabilly festival Greazefest which it has been 18 years since I first went there when it was at West End. I caught the bus to Cleveland, walk to the show grounds, texted Dad, saw Simon from Sonic Sherpa telling me that the records I ordered are there, went inside and Saw Roslynn Lovejoy and Ray. The first act I saw today were Lovejoy Surf who are always one of my favourite acts that I love seeing at Greazefest which has Kylie Lovejoy on bass, her father Arnold who is an well known on the Brisbane scene since the late 50's early 60's on guitar, Jeff Lovejoy also on guitar and Danny Murphy came on stage and in their set performed songs by the Shadows, The Atlantics, The Rolling Stones, The Ventures and many others with great musicianship as well as getting the audience entertained with Kylie doing the talking mentioning about making an album which they have not done yet but I Hope they do as it would be great to listen to. Their set finished, had Nachos for lunch and drank Coke with No Sugar. The 2nd and last act I saw today at Greazefest was local group The Smokin Firebirds which has Dan from A Band Called Twang, Dale Berends and Jeff Enchelmaier on drums and played covers as well as originals which great musicianship and playing the guys which Dan played bit of drums as well as playing on the double bass with the drumstick which that is entertainment. After that I took photos as well as looking at Stalls where I bought Greazefest Poster and Cap, an Gretch Guitar shirt from an Shirt sale, records from an record stall and from another stall an Elvis Presley collar shirt. I left after 2.30pm, stop at Petrol station, bought Cookie and Diet Coke and caught bus back to Carindale. It was FANTASTIC and AWESOME with FANTASTIC music as well as an AWESOME atmosphere with cars, stalls and everything else which what makes Greazefest what it is because of the vibe and everyone young and old as well as the kids discovering rockabilly music and hearing it live which it's a experience for them. A big thanks must go to Lori Lee Cash who puts it together every year and makes it an great time for everyone which it is why people like myself keep coming back every year it is the fun and joy as well as seeing great stuff happening so thank you Lori for what you do. I look forward to Greazefest 2027 and if you have not been to Greazefest please do yourselves a favour and GO which you will be impressed, amazed and entertainment by great music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tooth Fairy

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)