Herman's Hermits @ Kedron Wavell
Yesterday afternoon I went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary British rock group Herman's Hermits which has original member Barry Whitwam and it was my 16th time seeing them as it's been 31 years ago when I first saw them as well as being 60 years since Herman's Hermits very first Australian tour. I caught the bus from Coorparoo to Wooloongabba and then from there to Chermside, had a look at Dymocks and QBD and walk to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Kitchen, had Grilled Barramundi, chips and salad for lunch, drank Coke with No Sugar, had Strawberry Matcha Bao Buns for desert, saw Bronwyn from work, went to Blue Pacific Room and waited. The show started at about 3pm with Herman's Hermits with the current line up of Barry, Jamie Thurston, John Summerton and Tony Young which they're not wearing the suits and ties anymore as they wore long sleeve collar shirts with the white dots came on stage which they did 2 sets as in the first set starting off with I'm Something Good as well as playing the other hits including Silhouettes, Wonderful World, Dandy, and You Won't Be Leaving as well as an medley of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones as well as Elvis Presley and also Barry spoke on the stage which he spoke about how he got into the drums as well as meeting Elvis in Hawaii in 1965 and getting the ladies in the audience to scream when they did the song Hold On. There was an interval which I bought the program, CD and Keyring, saw Graham who is my friend Matthew's uncle which I met his friend Greg, and drank Coke with No Sugar and the second set started with the group wearing white collar shirt with black dots started off with the Who medley which Barry spoke about touring America with the Who in 1967 as well as mentioning Keith Moon as well as playing more of the hits including Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter, Something Is Happening, medley of 3 hits, A Must To Avoid, My Sentinmental Friend as well as other songs including Here Comes My Baby by the Tremeloes and Listen to The Music by the Doobie Brothers and also finished off with I'm Henry The Eighth I Am . The show finished after 5.05pm, stood in line to get autographs which the guys came to sign stuff as I got Barry's book signed as well as the CD and program and got photos with them, walk to the bus stop and caught bus to Roma Street. Caught bus to Carindale, went to the Carindale Hotel where I had Steak, Chips and Salad for dinner, drank Pepsi Max, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which they played great and sounded great as well as well very entertaining giving the audience an great time as they always do as well as great humour and everyone had a great time including myself which I always love seeing Herman's Hermits live as they are worth seeing as well as hearing the great songs that has stood the test of time and also sounding great and playing better than ever. I hope they come back next year and if you have not seen them please do yourselves an favour and SEE THEM which you will be impressed and amazed as well as entertained by an group who have been around since the 60's whose music still endures and still sounding great as I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's as well as those who are discovering the music for the first time.
Set 1-
I'm Into Something Good(1964)
Love Potion No 9
Silhouettes (1965)
Wonderful World (1965)
Jailhouse Rock
Dandy(1966)
Leaning On The Lamppost(1966)
I Feel Fine/It's All Over Now
End of The World
Hold On(1966)
Sunshine Girl(1968)
You Won't Be Leaving (1966)
Set 2-
I Can See For Miles/I Can't Explain/Substitute
Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter(1965)
Something Is Happening(1969)
Sleepy Joe(1968)/Years May Come Years May Go(1968)/Listen People (1966)
A Must To Avoid(1966)
Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965)
No Milk Today(1966)
My Sentimental Friend(1969)
Here Comes My Baby
Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On
Listen To The Music
There's A Kind Of Hush(1967)
I'm Henry The Eighth I Am(1965)




Comments
Post a Comment