Melinda Schneider @ QPAC Concert Hall

Last night I went to QPAC Concert Hall to see Australian country singer Melinda Schenider doing the Barbra Streisand tribute show called The Way We Were and it was my 2nd time seeing Melinda Schneider as I saw just nearly 2 years ago at Kedron Wavell where I saw her doing the Doris Day tribute Saturday September 21st 2024. I caught the bus to South Bank, went to the Plough Inn where I had Pork Cop, chips and salad for dinner, drank Pepsi Max, at Movie Star Sundae @ NZ Natural Ice Cream Shop and walk to QPAC. Bought Melinda's CD, went outside and went inside. The show started at 8pm with Melinda coming out wearing an black dress starting off with Don't Rain On My Parade and through the 1st set peformed many of Barbra's classic songs as well as an song she wrote after what she saw on Facebook telling stories about Barbra's life and career and during Hello Dolly she took the part of the dress off and had different part of the dress too which there was an interval which I bought Coke with With No Sugar, drank it and went back inside. In the 2nd set Melinda came back on stage she performed more of Barbra's songs from the 60's, 70's, 80s's and 90s's including Guilty with the guitarist as well as 2 songs with Carmela including Enough Is Enough towards the end of the show which most of us stood up and finished off with Happy Days Are Here Again and also spoke about her mother Mary who was a singer in the Schneider Sisters with sister Rita. The show finished at about 10.10pm, Melinda came out to sign autographs as well as having photos which I got the CD signed and an photo taken, went to the bus stop, caught bus to Carindale where I saw a friend Sam, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC and BRILLIANT show with FANTASTIC singing by Melinda Schneider which she does the Barbra Streisand songs so brilliantly as she did it so well and the back up band was just FANTASTIC including Stefan on keyboards and everyone had a great time including myself. If you have not seen Melinda live doing the Barbra Streisand songs please do yourselves an favour and SEE HER which you will be impressed, amazed and entertained. Set 1- Don't Rain On My Parade Facebook Evergreen That Face Woman In Love Papa Can You Hear Me Someday My Prince Will Come Hello Dolly Putting It Together Something's Coming Being Alive Somewhere Set 2- Cry Me A River Lover Come Back To Me How Do You Keep The Music Playing On A Clear Day Tell Him Guilty Second Hand Rose People I Finally Found Someone I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing What Matter Most The Way We Were Enough Is Enough(No More Tears) Happy Days Are Here Again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tooth Fairy

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)