The Pick Me Ups @ the Queen Elizabeth Park Stage

On Saturday morning June 8th I went to the Queen Elizabeth Park Stage where I saw the Pick Me Ups who are an duo from Perth and it was my first time seeing them. the show started at 9.30am which for the next hour and 15 minutes they did an set which was an mixture of songs they wrote as well as covers of Jazz, blues and boogie numbers by Elvis, Otis Spann, Wynona Carr and many others which when they did 2 Elvis songs they asked the audience what movie that the songs came form which I got one of them right when they did the song Crawfish as it was from the King Cerole movie as I knew that one. The show ended at 10.45am and It was an impressive and Fantastic set which they sounded great and played great as they did the songs very well as well as everyone in the audience were having an great time which I enjoyed it too. I hope they come back to Cooly again in the future. Set List- Leave It Alone Mardi Gras You're The Boss Runaway Train Romance In the Dark Nightmare Renee's Boogie Mercedes Blues Kingsize Papa Highself Blues I'll Never Be Free I'm sul Piano Player Boogie Crawfish You're Sweet To Me Please Mr Jailer Throw It Out Of Your Mind Wild Cat wall Spann Stomp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015