The Avengers @ Easts Leagues Club April 1st 2016

Last Friday April 1st I went to the Easts Leagues Club to see the Brisbane group The Avengers which it's my 27th time seeing them as well as the first one for this year as I have not seen them live since Friday July 17th last year although I saw Roger Jellicoe with his wife Laura @ Jupiters at the Beach Boys Concert. Dad took me to Easts Leagues Club, saw Maggie, went to the Café, Ordered Nachos, Coke Zero and Cherry Ripe Chessecake and use mobile. Had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke Zero, Ate Cheese Cake, saw Roger, Graeme, garth, Mick and Paul, saw Lorraine and Leanne, met Verrell, Joan, Josey and Julie and talked. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets which they did songs by Cliff Richard, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Chuck Berry, John Paul Young, The Eagles, The Turtles, Creedence, The Monkees and many others and in the audience was original lead singer of the Avengers Dick Bentley which I saw him during one of the intervals as well as having a few Coke Zeros. The show finished @ 11.30pm which I thanked the guys, Dad picked me up, stopped @ the Petrol Station @ Coorparoo where Dad had to get petrol and I bought a Coke Life and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and the avengers were just FANTASTIC playing great and sounding great which they will be back at Easts on May 27th @ 7.30pm. if you would like to see the Avengers do yourself a favour and see them as they put on an FANTASTIC show doing great songs which I'm sure you will have a great time. Set 1- I Could Easily Fall In Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/ Move It/Please Don't Tease Chains It's So Easy I'm A Believer/Theme From the Monkees Have You Ever Seen The Rain That'll Be the Day Johnny be Goode Elenor Itchycoo Park Love Is In the Air Fly Like A Bird When You Walk In the Room I saw Her Standing there All Shook Up Set 2- Young Girl Twistin By The Pool Stuck In The Middle I Hear You Knocking Last Night Do You Love Me Back In the USSR Brown Eyed Girl Still Rock n Roll To Me Crazy Little Thing Called Love Surfin USA/Surfin Safari/Wipe Out Eagle Rock Set 3- Handle with Care Big Girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man Singing the Blues Maggie May The Twist/Let's Twist Again Pretty Woman Get Back Let Your Love Flow Don't Stop Twist and Shout Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Suspicious Minds Take It Easy Set 4- When You Say Nothing At All Every Breath You Take Only the Lonely My Girl Proud Mary I Can See Clearly Now How Long No Matter What Promised Land 500 Miles Mustang Sally Already Gone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015