Gabe Phoenix @ The Newnham Hotel

Last Saturday Night I went to the Newnham Hotel to Elvis tribute performer Gabe Phoenix which it was my first time in 10 years since December 2012 at Kedron Wavell and was last at the Newnham Hotel for a show since Saturday October 2nd 2021 when I saw Mike Winkworth. I caught the bus to Mt Gravatt, walk to the Newnham Hotel, went to a room, saw Heidi, met Jackie, went to Table 2 , rang home, met Warren, Christopher, Chrissie, drank Coke with No Sugar, met Douggie, bob and Diane, had Steak, chips and salad for dinner and Saw Jill and Stuart from church as well as work as I worked with Jill @ SAWMH. The show started at 7.10pm with Gabe coming out wearing the white gear which Elvis wore in the Vegas year of the late 60's and 70's and performed many of the Elvis Classics of the 50's, 60's and 70's as well as walking through the audience, shakin hands as well as the ladies kissing him and giving hulas out to some of the audience and then there was an interval which I had an chocolate brownie as well seeing Jill and drank Coke With No Sugar. Gabe come back out in the second set wearing the black gear that Elvis wore in the 68 Special and singing many of the Elvis classics as well as walking through the audience and entertaining everyone. The show finished at 9.40pm, got photos with gabe as well as bit of a chat, Dad picked me up, stopped at Petrol Station, bought Coke with No Sugar, drank it and walk home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time and I enjoyed it too and also Gabe always puts on an FANTASTIC show performing the great songs of Elvis that still endures today which he is amazing and very entertaining. If you have not seen him live please do yourselves an favour and SEE IT which you will be impressed and amazed which I look forward to seeing again in the future. Set 1- See See Rider Love Me I Can't Stop Loving You You Don't Have To Say You Love Me Johnny be Goode Teddy bear Don't Be Cruel Fever Welcome To My World Sweet Caroline I've Never Been To Spain What Now My Love If You Love Me Let Me Know Let It Be Me Proud Mary Suspcious Minds Hurt You gave Me A Mountain An American Trilogy Set 2- Heartbreak Hotel/Hound Dog All Shook Up Love Me I Got A Woman Return To Sender Wooden Heart One Night Kentucky Rain Blue Suede Shoes Lawdy Miss Clawdy Love Letters Always on My Mind It's Now Or Never Can't Help Falling In Love Power Of My Love make me wonder In The Ghetto If I Can Dream Walk A Mile In My Shoes Bridge over Troubled Water Without Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015