John Rowles concert @ Kedron Wavell




Last Friday Night I went to Kedron Wavell with My Mum Cath to see legendary New Zealand singer John Rowles and before the show me and Mum had dinner which I had Beef nachos and for desert had chocolate sundae. John rowles came out in the first set in an suit and a bow tie doing some of his hits and other songs as well as announcing that he is making one more tour before he retires which will start in New Zealand and then to Australia as well as writing his autobiography and he finished the first set with My Way which he imitated Frank Sinatra,Marlon Brando and even Michael jackson doing the movements which was great. During the interval met my Facebook friends Leanne and Heidi and saw Maryanne jamieson and Debbie from St Andrews War memorial hospital where I work. In the 2nd set he did his songs including If I Only had Time and others and also playing guitar and he was on until before 10.30pm which he was FANTASTIC and put on an FANTASTIC show. He told stories of his career including Hawaii, Australia and Las Vegas as well as the entertainers he met and also had an very good sense of humor. He gave roses to ladies in the crowd and even some CD's as well. I enjoyed his show and hope he comes back to Brisbane for his farewell show which would be great.
Setlist-
Set 1
Never Can Say goodbye
Tania
Come Back To me
Hush not A Word To Mary
The pain Goes On Forever
One Day
You've Lost that Lovin Feelin
Save The last Dance For Me
Island in the Sun
Cheryl Moana Marie
I want to know What Love Is
My Way

Set 2
Forever Loving you
The Girl In White
Luckenback Texas
Always On My Mind
To All the Girls I've Loved
Love Me Tender
American Trilogy
Deliah
She's All I got/Falling down on me/Another Tear Fall
Still In Love with me
How Great Thou Art
So hard to handle/Higher and Higher/Sweet Soul Music/In the Midnight Hour
If I Only Had Time
Dance to My Tang Guitar
This is My Life

Comments

  1. Hi Luke, Keep your fingers crossed as I think you may very well be going to get your wish about John Rowles coming back to Kedron Wavell some time early in 2014. Leanne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015