Normie Rowe show @ Kedron Wavell Services Club November 15th 2013

On Friday November 15th I went to Kedron Wavell Services Club to see Australian singer Normie Rowe which it was my 12th time seeing him live as well as my second time this year as the first was @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club on Saturday June 8th during Cooly Rocks on. I caught the bus to Chermside which I walked to Kedron Wavell, had Nachos for dinner , bought tickets for nearly Neil a tribute show to neil Diamond, Vicky O'Keefe and Dennis Locorriere of Dr Hook and went up to the Blue Pacific Room. The show started @ 8.30pm with Normie Rowe coming out on stage which he was backed up by the Smokin Crawdads a Brisbane group and for the next 2 and a half hours Normie did 2 sets of songs including his hits from the 60's, songs from the Missing In Action album and classic rock songs and also got everyone to sing along as well as having a great sense of humor. The show finished before 11pm which Normie had CD's on sale after the show that had 3 of his albums from the 60's, the Missing In Action album, a double greatest hits CD and his autobiography Normie the Normie Rowe Story which has just been released and he came out to sign the stuff as well as getting photos with the fans so I bought his 1966 album Wonderful Feeling and I took the book which I had bought @ QBD carindale on November 8th with me which he signed them both as well getting a photo too and Dad picked me up which we came home. It was a AWESOME show which everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and Normie is still in great voice as ever which he stills sounds @ 66 as well as the back up the Smokin Crawdads were just excellent backing up Normie as well as playing too and also I saw Pauline,RObyn,Hayley, Elaine,Daryl,Kevin and Di which Elaine took the photo of me and Normie. I always enjoy seeing Normie which I enjoy his shows as they are so great and enjoyable and to those who have not seen him go and See him as you will enjoy it which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's buying his records, seeing his shows or watching shows like the Go Show, Kommotion, Bandstand and others and for those who were not born in that era but has a interest in it you will enjoy the experience of seeing a true legend of Australian music. set 1- Unchain My Heart Que Sera Sera(1965) Ooh la La(1966) Pride and Joy(1966) The Stones That I Throw(1966) Tell Him I'm Not Home(1966) It Ain't Necessarily So(1965) It's Not Easy(1966) 20 Years Ago What You have Done For Australia Rock N Roll Travelin man set 2- Penelope (1968) Poor Boy Do Wah Diddy Diddy Saturday Night At the Movies/Kissing In The Back Row Bye Bye Baby I Found A New Love Starlight Starbright She Wears My Ring Blueberry Hill I Who Have Nothing(1965) Shakin All Over(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015