Doug Parkinson Honours Joe Cocker show @ Kedron Wavell

On Friday February 5th I went to see legendary Australian singer Doug Parkinson @ Kedron Wavell and it was my 7th time seeing him as this show I went to see was him doing an tribute to legendary British singer Joe Cocker who passed away in 2014. Dad took me to the bus stop @ Cannon Hill, caught bus at 6pm, read the Peter Garrett book which I finished after 4 days, got off @ Chermside and walk to kedron Wavell. Rang home, went to the Cafe, Had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke, ate Sundae, went to the Blue pacific Room and waited. Doug Parkinson came on stage after 8.10pm which he did 2 sets a in the first set which he did other people's songs including Ray Charles, dion and his own hit Dear Prudence and there was an interval where I saw Patrick, his sister and her friend as well as talking to a couple who was at the same table as me. Then Doug came back on stage which he did the Joe Cocker staff and he just sound great doing the songs as well as telling stories too which was great to see and also the show finished around 10.30pm with his 1979 hit I'll be Around. Doug had a CD on sale which he came out to sign stuff and got my ticket signed as well as getting a photo, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and Doug still sounds great and singing great as ever which he's done a great job doing the Joe Cocker stuff as well as the back up band were FANTASTIC too as well as the 2 ladies who did the backing vocals. I look forward to see Doug again soon and to those who have not seen Doug Parkinson live do yourselves an favour and see him which he is a great performer and an true legend of Australian music. Set 1- Let the Good Times Roll Don't Let me Be Misunderstood The Wanderer Unchained Melody You Don't Know Me Dear Prudence Set 2- Feeling Alright Train Tonight The letter Use My Imagination Up Where We Belong You Are So Beautiful Into the Mystic Come Together Leave Your Hat On Unchain My Heart She Came Into the Bathroom Window Delta Lady With A Little Help From My Friends I'll Be Around

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015