Go Show Gold @ QPAC Saturday July 23rd 2016

On Saturday July 23rd I went to the QPAC Concert Hall to see the Go Show Gold which it's an tribute to the legendary Australian 60's pop TV Show the Go Show which was on Channel 10(Then 0) from August 1964-September 1967 and it was my second time seeing this concert as I went to see that @ Jupiters 2 years before on Saturday August 16th 2014. I caught the bus from Cannon Hill to South Bank, went to Nandos, had chicken and salad for dinner, had an Coke Zero to drink, saw Bev(ex QML) and her partner and walk to QPAC. Saw Maryanne Jamieson and her husband, use mobile, Saw Maggie, saw Ronnie Burns which I got a photo with him, saw Kevin, Di and Sandra, talked, bought program, met Robyn (my Facebook friend), saw Rosemary an volunteer, saw Mal Clark from the Blue Jays and Marie, went inside and wrote notes. The Show started @ 7.30pm with Johnny Young started off as he was doing the hosting as well as performing 2 of his hits and for the rest of the first set Tony Worsley, Ronnie Burns, Doug Parkinson and Colleen Hewett doing their hits from the 60;s and 70's and there was an interval which I ate crunch, bought Mike Brady CD and another program, went back inside and use mobile which they were showing black and white clips of Australian singers and groups. The second set started with Mike Brady doing his famous AFL Song Up There Cazaly and performed with Danny Finley and Will Hewett as MPD Limited doing 2 Dave Clark Five Songs and 2 MPD Limited Hits, Johnny Young came back on stage doing the songs he wrote for other acts, Ross D wylie sang 2 of his famous hits, Dinah Lee came on which she did 2 of her hits and the Fats Domino song I'm Walkin, Glenn Shorrock who was the last minute replacement for Max Merritt who was going to be at the concert but could not go performed 3 of the Twilights and 1 Axiom song, Normie Rowe came on and performed some of his 60's hits and then the cast came back on stage doing Mustang Sally. The show finished at 10.50pm, stood in line which I saw my friends Mardi &Pauline, got autographs, Saw Ann Worsley, Mal Clark, Mark, Danny Finley which I got an autograph and an photo, Gil Matthews, Leigh and Jillean, walk to the bus stop, caught bus to Carindale, Dad picked me up, stop at my cousin's place and came home. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had a great time including myself and the acts were Just awesome still sounding great as well as the backing band which besides from Gil Matthews had Peter Robinson(the Strangers), Gavan Anderson, James Black(Mondo Rock)and the back up singers were great too and also I look forward to see this show again next year as this year's show was sold out which proves that there is interest in Australian 60's music as it's great to see. Set 1- Johnny Young- Cara Lyn Step Back Tony Worsley- Talkin About You Velvet Waters Just A Little Bit Ronnie Burns- Exit Stage Right Age Of Consent Smiley Doug Parkinson- Dear Prudence Golden Miles I'll Be Around Colleen Hewett Superstar/Dreaming My Dreams With You Wind Beneath My Wings Day By Day Set 2- Mike Brady- Up There Cazaly MPD Limited- Glad All Over/Bits and Pieces Lonely Boy Little Boy Sad Johnny Young- Lady I Thank You The Girl That I Love The Real Thing Ross D Wylie- Funny Man The Star Dinah Lee- Don't You Know Yockomo I'm Walkin Reet Petite Glenn Shorrock- Needle In A Haystack Cathy Come Home What's Wrong With The Way I Live A Little Ray Of Sunshine Normie Rowe- Que sera Sera/Ooh La La It Ain't Necessarily So It's Not Easy I Who Have Nothing Shakin All Over the cast- Mustang Sally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015