Catfish and the Dee Jays @ Twin Towns Wednesday June 7th 2017

On Wednesday June 7th I went to Twin Towns to see Catfish and the Dee Jays which it was my 8th time seeing them live as it was also my first since 2015 when I last saw them @ Cooly Rocks On and as of this writing last time as Catfish Purser has retired. I went to Twin Towns, drank Coke Zero and use mobile. The show started @ 7.30pm which for the next 4 hours they performed 4 sets of great rock n roll songs by people like Bill Haley, The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys, Chubby Checker, Ricky nelson, Fats Domino and others which Bob, Peter and Ray did the singing and everyone enjoying themselves on the dance floor as in between sets I had an drink of water and coke zeros. The show finished @ 11.30pm. met Ray Wight who played in an group named Wickedy Wak which had Danny Finley(MPD Limited) and Rick Springfield)as well as seeing kay and Catfish and I walked back to bella Mare. It was an FANTASTIC how which I had an great time as well as everyone else who were there and the band were FANTASTIC playing great songs and sounding great too which I mentioned before Catfish has retired and I hope he will have a great retirement which he deserves it after entertaining people for about 60 years and the band are going to continue which it's great to see and also I am very glad to have seen Catfish and the band mainly @ Coolangatta in 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014, 2015 and 2017 and Brisbane @ mt Gravatt bowls club June 23rd 2006. set 1- That's Rock N Roll Mean Woman Blues Blue Suede Shoes Think It Over Teenager In Love Sway Rock n Roll Girls Dream Lover Let's Twist Again Dance the Night Away Rockin Robin Oh Boy Your Cheatin Heart Rock Around the Clock Set 2- Foot Tapper Walk Don't Run I Saw Her Standing There Cooly Rocks On I Fought The Law Hey baby Boppin The Blues When Will I Be Loved My girl Josephine Set 3- Wonderful Tonight Unchained Melody Ruby baby Oh Lonesome Me Hound Dog At the Hop Treat her Right Before You Accuse Me Little Red Riding Hood Keep A Knockin Set 4- I Can't Stop loving You Rockin All Over the World Hello Marylou Peter Gunn I'm Into Something Good Baby Loves to Rock It Rave On/Maybe Baby/Peggy Sue Can't Buy me Love Surfin USA See You Later Alligator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015