Jim Hansen and the Sonics @ the Sandgate Town Hall

On Saturday November 24th I went to the Sandgate Town Hall where I saw Jim Hansen and the Sonics and it was my first time being at the Sandgate Town hall which they've been doing shows there for the Rock Under The Clock for the last 4 years to raise money for the PCYC. Dad took me to Cannon Hill, had an Coke Zero to drink, caught bus to the city, went to Central Station, caught train, got off @ Sandgate and walk to the Town Hall. Rang Dad, got inside, took photos, Saw Bob with his wife Lesley, Rod and Ann, ate Le Snack, drank Diet Coke, Saw Ken and Robyn who are volunteers at my work who bought me the tickets, met some of their friends and Saw Matman from matman Promotions with his wife Marina. The show started @ 6.30pm with the classic movie clips and then Jim Hansen and the Sonics came on stage which they performed songs from the classic movies which they were joined on stage for some songs each set by Nicky Steele who I saw with the Sonics an year and an half ago @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club during Cooly Rocks On which she sounded great there and she was great at the Town Hall on Saturday night and in the first set it was the vocals segment with Jim and Nicky and there was an interval which I met Tom Darcy an Brisbane musician from the 60's and he thanked me for what I do on the facebook page of the 50's and 60's music scene in Brisbane. The second set was with instrumentals and vocals done by Jim and Nicky which they were some medleys as well including songs from the Wizard Of Oz, The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and there was an interval which we had an light supper as it was ham and salad rolls, ate mousse, had the answers on the sheet about what were the name of the movies by the poster and drank Diet Coke. The 3rd set was the vocals done by Jim and Nicky as well as Jim acknowledging me in the audience as well as mention Roger Jellicoe from the Brisbane group the Avengers who was there with his wife Laura and there was an interval which I had an coke to drink. Then the 4th and last set was doing just classic rock and roll songs from the 50's and 60's and then I left after 10.30pm as I had to get the train to Park Road which I walked to the train station, ate Le Snack, caught 10.41pm train, rang Dad, got off at Park Road, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had an great time including myself and the Sonics were just AWESOME too which they played great with great singing by Jim and Nicky which they did the songs so well and I enjoyed being at The Sandgate Town Hall which I've been wanting to go for some time which I'm glad and look forward to go there again soon. Great job to the people who put it together. Set 1- Saturday Night At The Movies GI Blues Can't help Falling In Love Pretty Woman You'll Never Walk Alone What A Feeling Gimme Some Lovin Boom Boom Moon River As Time Goes By/Over the Rainbow I Heard It Through the Grapevine You're the One That I want Grease Lightning Set 2- Cavatina Can You Feel The Love Tonight/The Way We Were/Beauty and the Beast/My Heart Will Go On Born To Be Wild San Francisco All My Loving A Hard Day's Night To Sir With Love Look Of Love Rebel Rouser/Because They're Young Do Wah Diddy Diddy You've Lost That Lovin Feeling Set 3- Johnny Be Good/Rock and Roll Music Great balls Of Fire Everybody's Talkin Ole Time Rock and Roll In Dreams Jailhouse Rock Be My Baby Will You love Me Tomorrow What A Wonderful World Bonnie and Clyde Blue Suede Shoes Summer Holiday On The Beach Rock Around the Clock set 4- Boney Moronie Reelin and Rockin Eight Days A Week I Saw Her Standing There Telstar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015