Jim Hansen and the Sonics @ the Sandgate Town Hall

Last Saturday November 23rd I went to the Sandgate Town Hall to see local act Jim Hansen and the Sonics which it was my second time going there as I went there only an year ago and I would have gone there on May 25th but I had an problem with my shoulder and I emailed the organizers as I wanted to cancel but they couldn't refund it so instead I got an complimentary ticket which was very good of them to do that. I walked to the bus stop at Carindale, caught the bus to the city, went to Central Station, ate chocolate bar, drank coke, caught train, got off at Sandgate and walk to the Town Hall. saw robyn and Ken from work, spoke with Robin from the Sonics, got ticket, went inside which I went to the Port Douglas Table, saw Gary, Roger from the Avengers and his wife Laura, drank Coke Zero, talked, saw Jim, there was taped message on video by Nicky Steele who sings with the Sonics at Sandgate but could not be there as she was helping with the bushfires, there were announcements and saw Darryl(Elaine's husband). the show started @ about 7pm with Jim and the Sonics coming on stage doing songs by the Beach Boys, The Delltones, Bette Midler, the Surfaris and their version of the Avalon Stomp which they did an recording of it in the 60's at 4BC, drank some water, ate chesse roll and drank Coke Zero. Jim and the Sonics came back on which they did the second set with songs by Elvis which during Rock A Hula an Hawaiian lady came on stage, Cliff Richard, the Kinks, The Ventures, The Atlantics, Chubby Checker which we had to do the Limbo rock and others, spoke with an lady who worked at St Andrews, ate chicken and salad, drank water, ate McFlurry and fruit and had musical Bingo. Jim and the Sonics came back on stage for the 3rd set which they did songs by Elvis which the Hawaiian lady came back on stage when they Can't Help Falling In Love, The Beatles, Bill Haley, The Shadows, Cliff Richard and others and spoke with Roger, Mick from the Avengers and met an musician named John. Left after 10.3opm as they were starting off with Rockin All Over the World, walk to the train station, caught train, rang home, got off at Park Road, Dad picked me and came home. It was AWESOME which everyone had an great time including myself and Jim and the Sonics sounded great as well as playing great too which they did the songs so well as it's great them doing different songs as well as seeing the beach summer clothes which look great as I have seen them with the suits and ties. besides from the ones I mentioned I also saw Elaine, Lesley, Anne and Bob the volunteer from work and I look forward to seeing Jim and the Sonics again soon which I look forward to go back to Sandgate next year. Set 1- Those Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer In The Summertime Summer Holiday Blue Bsyou Under the Boardwalk Endless Summer Wipe Out Avalon Stomp Hangin Five Surfin USA On The Beach Set 2- Do You Wanna Dance Sunny Afternoon Rock A Hula Baby Pearly Shells Summertime Walk Don't Run/Hawaii Five O Bombora Limbo Rock Let's Twist Again California Sun Set 3- Can't Help Falling In Love Pretty Woman Back In The USSR ROCK/Rock A Beatin Boogie I Need Your Love Tonight GI Blues Mean Woman Blues In Dreams Satisfaction Congratulations Wonderful Land Geronimo Shadoogie Apache I Saw Her Standing There

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015