The Animals @ Kedron Wavell

On Friday December 13th I went to Kedron Wavell to see British rock group The Animals which has original member and drummer John Steel and it was my second time seeing them as I saw them at Kedron Wavell 3 years ago Saturday March 5th 2016. I went to the bus stop at Carindale, caught bus, got at Chermside and walk to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Kitchen, rang home, ordered Nachos and Sundae, Bought Coke and ate some Sundae. Had Nachos for dinner, Ate the rest of the Sundae, drank Coke, went upstairs, bought CD by the Animals, went inside the Blue Pacific Room, wrote notes, saw Mark who I know from the gigs and Local singer-songwriter Adam Shannon came on after 8pm which he did an set doing his own songs. There was an interval which I bought chips and Coke Zero, ate chips, drank Coke Zero and use mobile. The Animals with the current line-up of John Steel on Drums, Mick Gallagher on keyboards and vocals, Roberto Ruiz on bass and vocals and Danny Handley on lead vocals and guitar came on stage and performed many of the group's hits from the 60's as well as blues and Soul songs which before doing Bring It On Home To Me John Steel came to the microphone talking about how Mick Gallagher joined them when Allan Price left and before House of The Rising Sun how they got the song as well as the guys getting to crowd to sing along to the songs and everyone enjoying themselves. The show finished at 10.22pm, the group came out after the show which they signed the CD's as well as getting photos and I got my CD and EP signed as well as getting an photo with the guys which Danny remembered me from 3 years ago, went down stairs, saw Dad, drank Coke Zero, went in the car and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show with great rock and roll as well as blues and soul and the guys played and sounded great doing those timeless classics which has stood the test of time and you never tire of hearing the songs which they still sound great after all these years. I look forward to see the Animals again soon and to those have not seen them do yourselves an favour and see them which you will be amazed and impressed. Set List- Baby Let Me Take You Home (1964) It's My Life(1965) Bright Lights Big City I believe In My Soul I'm crying (1964) Bring It On Home To me(1965) Don't Bring Me Down(1966) Big Boss Man/Hi Heeled Sneakers Don't Let me Be Misunderstood(1965) Night Time Is The Right Time Bo Diddley/Who Do You Love Club A Go Go We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place(1965) The House of the Rising Sun(1964)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015