Doug Parkinson









 On Monday night I was at home in my room using my I pad and I saw on Facebook  that Doug Parkinson has passed away which at first I thought it can't be true and then i checked which eventually it was true that he has passed away and it was an shock and surprised as he was due to do an show on Thursday in Adelaide as it would have been his first show since Covid. I had heard of Doug Parkinson for years on TV as radio like 4KQ which I heard Dear Prudence  and the first time I saw him was with Max Merritt at Kedron Wavell with Mum Friday May 17th 2002 which it was FANTASTIC as he did the 2nd set as Max did the first set as well as some songs together and got Doug's autograph. The second time I saw him which again with Max at Kedron Wavell Sunday afternoon September 14th 2003  which I remember that very well as I came home from the Gold Coast with Mum, Dad and Heath early that day as well as seeing Bob from the Pay Office at work. I saw Doug the  3rd was at QPAC Concert Hall Thursday September 8th 2005 with Glenn Shorrock and Wendy Matthews which it was an great show  as each act did their few of their songs in 2 sets. The 4th time was at Kedron Wavell Sunday afternoon September 21st 2008 as it was an great show  and got his autograph and an photo. The 5th time was Kedron Wavell Friday February 10th 2012 which it was an FANTASTIC show and I bought 2 CD's Timelines and The Live Album which he came out after the show to sign them as well as getting an photo with him. The 6th time Friday January 18th 2013 at Kedron Wavell which in the audience was drummer Doug Lavery who played with Doug  in the In Focus from 1968-69, the Valentines and Axiom with Glenn Shorrock and Brian Cadd  which he was on their 2 hits Arkansas Grass and A Little Ray Of Sunshine and in the interval met him which I got an autograph and an photo as having bit of talk like where the other Valentine members as well as Axiom members and also got Doug Parkinson's autograph and photo. The 7th time was at Kedron Wavell Friday February 5th 2016 went to see Doug as he did the Joe Cocker songbook which he did covers as well as Dear Prudence in the first set and the second set doing the Joe Cocker stuff as well as doing I'll be Around and got an autograph and photo. The 7th time was at the Go Show concert @ QPAC Concert Hall Saturday July 23rd 2016  doing Dear Prudence, Golden Miles and I'll be Around and got my program signed as well as getting an photo with Ronnie Burns and Danny Finley of MPD Limited. The seventh and final time was at Twin Towns Friday December 8th 2017 which among the songs he did Dear Prudence, I'll be Around, Without You and an great version of Up Where We Belong which he did with Rosie and Annie the backing singers. I am so glad that I got to see him live and in between songs he would tell stories about his career  as well as his upbringing in NSW as well as how he got Dear Prudence  and he was an true entertainer and performer  getting the fans entertained. It is sad that he has passed away but he has left an great legacy of music as well as the musicals he did as well as doing guest roles on TV and it is sad that he has never been inducted into the ARIA Hall Of Fame  which he should be there  so let's hope he does  as well as hoping for more of his music be out on CD as there is talk of  the album by Fanny Adams  that he was in the early 70's be released by Aztec Records. Thank You Doug for the memories and the legacy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015