The Lucky Comets @ Greenmount Surf Club


 On Thursday June 10th I went to the Greenmount Surf Club to see the Lucky Comets aka Lucky Seven an swing band from Adelaide and it was my first time seeing them. I walked to the Surf Club and did the check in. The show started at 7pm which for the 2 hours  the band did 2 sets of the classic Bill Haley songs as well as the song Giddy Up A Ding Dong by Freddie Bell and the Bellboys and at the show I saw Lorraine , Graham and Tracey  whom I had not seen for 2 years  which was great seeing them as well as Lorraine having an selfie with me. Everyone enjoying themselves and the band members  all wearing hats. The show finished at 9pm, rang Dad and walk back to the holiday unit. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time and I enjoyed it too and the Lucky Comets aka Lucky Seven were FANTASTIC as well as playing great  doing those Bill Haley songs which I think they are the first band in Australia to do an Bill Haley  and the Comets show  and I hope they come back to Cooly Rocks On 2022.

Set 1-
Rip It Up
Mambo Rock
Happy Happy baby
Giddy Up A Ding Dong
Thirteen Women
instrumental
Don't Knock The Rock
40 Cups Of Coffee
Razzle Dazzle 
Choo Choo Choo Boogie

Set 2-
Birth Of the Boogie
Rock This Joint? 
2 Hound Dogs
Rudy's Rock
Side By Side
Rock A Beatin Boogie
Dim Dim The Lights
Rock Around The Clock
Shake Rattle and Roll
See You Later Alligator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015