Abbalive @ Kedron Wavell

On Friday March 18th I went to Kedron Wavell to see the Abba tribute act Abbalive and it was my first seeing an show Kedron Wavell for 2 years 3 months and 5 days since Friday December 13th 2019 when I saw the Animals including original drummer John Steel. I caught the bus from Carindale to Chermside, walk to Kedron Wavell, Saw Paula one of the Staff members, went to the Kitchen, saw Angela who I knew from Crossroads, rang Dad, ordered Steak chips and Salad, drank bit of Coke and drank water which I had to ring Dad again. Had Steak, Chips and Salad for dinner, drank Coke, waited for the Caramel Sundae which didn't happend as I had asked about it 3 times which they said it was coming but it did'nt which I was frustrated and by 7.55pm I decided that I am not waiting any longer and was not going to waste time so I went up to the Blue Pacific Room and write notes . The show started at 8.10pm which they did 2 sets doing the clasic Abba songs from the 70's and 80's including Waterloo, Ring Ring, Knowing Me Knowing You, SOS, Fernando, Chiquitita, Voulez-Vous, Gimme Gimme Gimme and many others, they got the crowds to sing along to songs and there were people dancing on the floor too as well as there were 2 questions about Abba songs in Spanish which the lady who sat 2 rows from me got them right and the line up wore different clothes in those 2 sets like what Abba wore in that era. I left at 10.25pm as they were finishing off with Dancing Queen as Dad was waiting for me so I went downstairs, went to the car park, saw Dad and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time and I had a great time too singing along to the classic Abba songs as well as the line up including Heidi who I knew from Darren J Ray and the Love Bugs sang great and sounding great and the back up band were great too which Lynelle who sang with Abbalive for many years did the backing vocals too. It was great been back at kedron Wavell for a gig as it has been 2 years since I was there and I look forward to some gigs there. To those who have not seen the Abbalive show please do yourselves an favour and SEE THEM which you will love it. Set 1- Waterloo Ring Ring People Need Love Hasta Manana Honey Honey SOS Bang A Boomerang I Do I Do I Do I Do Rock Me Mamma Mia Fernando Kiss The Teacher Knowing Me Knowing You It's Only Natural Money Money Set 2- Take A Chance On Me That's The Name Of The Game I Have A Dream Chiquitita Voulez Vous Gimme Gimme Gimme Super Trouper Lay All Your Love On Me Does Your Mothe Know So Long Dancing Queen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015