Issi Dye and Glenn Douglas at Wynnum Bowls Club

Last Sunday January 15th I went to the Wynnum Bowls Club to see legendary Australian singer Issi Dye and Glenn Douglas which I last saw Issi and Glenn only 7 months ago at Twin Towns Tuesday June 7th 2022 . I caught the train to Wynnum from the city, walk to the club, rang home, went inside, got an arm band, saw Michael who I know from the gigs and Fiona who I knew from ARAD, went to the table where I saw Issi, met Peter, ate chips and drank Coke with No Sugar. The show started at 2pm with Issi doing 2 songs and then Glenn Douglas came on stage doing the Roy Orbison classics from the 60's to the 80's including Working For the Man, Crying, Claudette, You Got It and many others with Issi doing the bongos and on backing vocals and guitar Julian Jones an legend in Brisbane music having played with the Avengers in the late 60's and during the set I got my name mentioned by Issi which I appreciate it as well as dancing with an lady named Maria. There was an interval which I went over to say hello to Julian Jones who had seen my posts on Facebook and appreciate what I do which we spoke about the music scene including the Avengers and got an autograph and photos and drank Coke with no Sugar. the send set started with Issi doing the Johnny O'Keefe segement which he performed many of the Johnny O'Keefe classics as well as 2 of the Col Joye songs as well as his single One Last Kiss and walk through the crowd as well as standing on the table which was great to see and was wearing the pink clothes too which looked great. There was another interval which I bought cookie and Coke with No Sugar, drank Coke with No Sugar, ate cookie and saw Issi again. The last set had Issi and Glenn doing the Everly Brothers segment which they did many of the Everly Brothers classics of the 50's and 60's as well as Issi talking about working with the Everlys in Melbourne and even did some rock and roll classics with Issi wearing the sunglasses that looked similar to what Elvis wore in the later stages. The show finished at 5pm with Issi finishing off with New York New York the Frank Sinatra song and after the show Issi and Glenn had CD's for sale which I already have them and got photos with them, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show with great singing with Issi and Glenn and great entertainment which Issi is an real entertainer who gets the crowds singing along and keeping them entertained and he will be back in Queensland in the coming months and also if you have not seen him live do yourselves an favour and SEE HIM which you will be truly entertained by an Australian music legend. Set 1- Issi Dye- Ring of Fire and Summer Holiday Glenn Douglas- Working For The Man Running Scared Uptown Blue Angel Communication Breakdown Claudette Fallin In Dreams You Got It Only The Lonely Leah Crying Pretty Woman Set 2 Issi Dye- Sing Move Baby Move Just Walking In The Rain She Wears My Ring Come On and Take My Hand Bye Bye Baby Yes Sir That's My Baby I'm Counting On You One Last Kiss(his 1970 single) She's My Baby Shout Set 3 Issi Dye and Glenn Douglas- Walk Right Back Cathy's Clown Crying In The Rain Sea of Heartbreak Till I Kissed You All I Have To Do Is Dream Donna Bye Bye Love Blue Suede Shoes Don't Be Cruel Sweet Caroline New York New York

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015