The Commitments Tribute and the Blues Brothers Tribute show @ the Newnham Hotel

Last Saturday October 28th I went to the Newnham Hotel to see the Commitments Tribute Show and the Blues Brothers tribute which it was my 3rd time seeing an Blue Brothers tribute show. I caught the bus to Upper Mt Gravatt, went to the Newnham Hotel, rang home, did writing, the lady took me to the room, Saw Andrew who I work with at St Andrews and also play in the band as well, went to the table , write notes, use mobile, ordered my meal, got coke with no sugar, drank some of it and was told by an female staff member that the kitchen staff recieved a few minutes before. Had Steak, chips and salad for dinner, finish drinking coke with No Sugar, met Mick, Jay and Cathy and ate chips which Mick gave it to me. The show started at 8.30pm with the Commitments tribute coming on stage which they did an set of the songs that was in the 1991 movie that included songs by Martha and the Vandellas, Marvin Gaye, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin which was an FANTASTIC set with great singing by the 3 ladies out front as well as the 2 guys singing too with great playing the band including Andrew and there was an interval which I saw Florence from work, got an free Coke With No Sugar which the lady suggested after my meal being late, drank it and use mobile. The Blue Brothers tribute show came on stage which they did the songs that was in the movie which including songs by Cab Calloway, Big Joe Turner and Aretha Franklin and I stayed for half hour until I left at 10.30pm which Dad picked me up, stopped at Maccas Carindale, bought burgers, fries, McFlurry and Coke With No Sugar and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time and I had a great time too and also the band was FANTASTIC as well as playing great and got everyone entertained with great songs that has stood the test of time. I look forward to seeing the show again soon and if you have not seen the show please do yourselves an favour and SEE IT which you will be impressed and amazed as well as entertained. The Commitments Tribute- Nowhere To Run Take Me To The River Some Kind Of Wonderful Can't Stop The Rain Bye Bye Baby In The Midnight Hour Mr Pitful Try A Little Tenderness Chain of Fools You and Me Too Many Fish In The Sea My Baby Don't Love Me No More Give It Up Mustang Sally Land Of A 1.000 Dances Peter Gunn Blue Brothers Tribute- Everybody Needs Somebody To Love Gimme Some Lovin Minnie The Moocher Think Respect Rawhide Flip Flop Fly (I left at 10.30pm)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015