The Chevrolets @ Twin Towns





On Thursday June 9th I went to twin Towns to see the group the Chevrolets whom I had not seen live since November 2009 but I saw Bernie last year @ Kedron-Wavell for the Rock'n'Roll Spectacular show for the endeavour Foundation. I had bought the ticket on Monday as I planning to see them anyway and on the day of the show I got there around 10.30am which i went to the 5th floor and bought an CD by the Chevrolets called "The Way It Was" where I saw Ruth(Bernie's wife) and told me that the guys would come out to sign after the show. Went inside the showroom which i sat at the front and the Chevrolets with Bernie Hutton,martin Hope,Ricky Wilson and Allan Kershaw came on stage at about 11am which they were on for an hour and a half which it was an FANTASTIC show doing the British Invasion stuff of the 60's from the likes of the Beatles,
Rolling Stones,the Hollies, Hermans Hermits, Gerry and the Pacemakers and others as well as good humor which Bernie attempted an rap version of He ain't heavy as well as Ricky doing an drunken version of Cinderella and martin putting an big ear thing towards the end of the show. The show finished at 12.30pm, went outside which I got My CD signed by the guys, saw Bob whom i had met at Kedron wavell in April and got an photo with the guys . I enjoy seeing the Chevrolets and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to an tribute to the British 60's Invasion.
set List-
can't You Hear My heartbeat
I'm into Something Good
A Must To Avoid
I Like it
How Do you Do it
Pretend
Knight In Rusty Armour
A World without Love
Just one Look
Jennifer Eccles
He Aint heavy He's my brother
Silver threads and Golden needles
Bachelor Boy
I Could Easily Fall In Love With you
Glad All Over
Needles and Pins
When you Walk in the Room
Hold Tight/Gonna walk 500 Miles
Have I the Right
My old Man's an Dustman
The last time
Apache
I should have Known Better
A hard Days Night
Ferry Cross the Mersey
You'll never walk alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015