the Moody Blues @ Brisbane Convention Center






Last Sunday November 20th I went to see the Legendary British rock band the Moody Blues. I had always been an fan of them since the early 90's when I first heard Go Now and Nights In White Satin which then in late 90's starting to know the others like Your Wildest Dream, I Know You're Out There Somewhere, I'm Just A singer In A Rock'n'roll Band, The Story in Your Eyes, Ride My See Saw and others. I wanted to see the group which i would love to have gone in 2005 but could'nt go and when I heard about them coming this year I knew I had to go which I bought my ticket @ Ticketek in the city on Friday September 9th. I was so Looking forward to seeing them as they have been one of my favourite groups and come November 20th I went to see them. I arrived at the Convention Center which Julie Mitchell (Claire's mother) dropped me off after being to Greg and Julie Dodge's place for the Friendship group Christmas Party and I bought the program. The show started @ 8pm with Jordie Lane performing just 3 songs and the Moody Blues came on which they did an FANTASTIC set doing their stuff including the Voice, Steppin In A Slide Zone, Tuesday Afternoon, I Know You're Out There Somewhere etc and there was an interval where I saw my friend Michael from the shows @ Kedron Wavell as well having Ice Tea. The Moody Blues came out for the 2nd set which they did another FANTASTIC set doing the songs like Your Wildest Dreams, Nights In White Satin, I'm Just A Singer in A Rock'n'roll band, Question, RIde My See Saw and others as well as albums tracks too. the show finished around 10.20pm and caught an cab home. It was an BRILLIANT and an TOTALLY AWESOME show which the band were just FANTASTIC and Justin Hayward,John LOdge and Graeme Edge have still got it playing brilliant and just GREAT which it's to prove that you are never too old to rock for Justin and John who are 66 and 68 and Graeme who turned 70 on march 30th that proves it. the back up musicians Alan Hewitt, Gordon Marshall, Norda Mullen and Julie Ragins were just BRILLIANT and I love the clips and the effects on the stage which was just BRILLIANT also. I am very lucky to have seen the Moody Blues and enjoyed the show very much which it's an experience that I will never forget which I am glad to have seen this legendary rock group who are still going strong after forming in 1964 which both John and Justin have been in the Moodies since 1966 and Graeme the only original member .
Set list
set 1-
the Voice
The Day We Meet Again
Steppin In a Slide Zone
Gypsy
Tuesday Afternoon
Talking out of turn
Mean While
Peak Hour
I Know You're Out there Somewhere
The Story in Your Eyes

set 2
Your Wildest Dreams
Isn't Life strange
The Other Side of Life
Driftwood
Higher and Higher
Are You Sitting Comfortably
I'm Just A singer In a ROck'n'roll Band
Late lament
Nights In White Satin
Question
Ride My See Saw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015