Looking Through A Glass Onion @ QPAC




last Friday November 25th I went to the QPAC concert hall with my mum Cath to see the musical Looking Through A Glass Onion.I had heard about this musical about John Lennon for years but I had never seen it and I have known John Waters' work for many years including his stint on Play School and other TV shows like All Saints, the mini series All the Rivers Run, Rush and many others. I had gotten the tickets for my birthday back iN September from my sister Madonna and was so looking forward to it which me and Mum caught the bus to South Brisbane. I bought the program and then went inside which we waited. the show started around 8pm with John Waters and Stewart D'Arrieta coming on stage with an excellent back up musicians including Tony Mitchell from Sherbet and in the first set John Waters doing John Lennon and doing the Lennon solo stuff as well as the Beatles and would do the same in the second set as well as he would evoke his honesty, bitter sweet sense of humor, self cristisim and his disdain for pretentiousness and pomposity which it's part concert and part biography. the musicians were excellent and both John and Stewart were just FANTASTIC doing these performances. the show lasted for 2 hours which finished after 10pm and they came out to sign stuff after the show which they signed my program and got photos with them which was an honour and an thrill. It was an FANTASTIC show and I had an great time as well as Mum. it's must for any beatles fans as well as John lennon's solo stuff and if you want to see it check it out which i'm sure you will be impressed.
Set List-
Set 1
Day in the Life
Isolation
Glass Onion
You've Got to Hide your Love Away
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
Working Class hero
How Do you Sleep
Nowergian Wood
All you need Is Love
I'm So Tired
Revolution
Sexy Sadie
Come Together
Strawberry Fields Forever

Set 2
Steel & Glass
Nowhere Man
Julia/Mother
Jealous Guy
Watching the Wheels
Beautiful Boy
Isolation
Imagine
Just Like Starting Over
Instant Karma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015