Vicky O'Keefe show A Tribute to Johnny O'Keefe @ Kedron Wavell

On Sunday January 19th I went to Kedron Wavell Services CLub to see Australian singer Vicky O'Keefe who is the daughter of legendary Australian rock singer Johnny O'Keefe and the show she was doing was a tribute to her father which that day was what would have been his 79th birthday as it was my 4th time seeing her but it was my first time seeing it in Brisbane as I have seen her performing @ coolangatta during Wintersun 2007 and 2010 and Cooly ROcks on last year. I caught the bus to Chermside from the city as I went to church there that morning and walked to Kedron wavell. I bought a ticket to see John Rowles on March 7th , went to the Cafe where I had Beef Nachos for lunch and Chocolate Sundae for desert which Pauline and Robyn sat with me, went to the toilet and went to the Blue Pacific Room which I met Helen,Wendy and Julieanne. The show started after 2pm with Vicky O'Keefe coming on stage and for the nearly 3 hours she did mainly her dad's stuff as well as some other classic rock songs as well as 2 of her own songs and in the second set she did a duet with her dad doing I'm Counting on You that a clip of him and also showed clips of her dad over the years which looked great and also had a great back up band including Martha on Sax and Lew on bass who has played with her since the early 80's. The show finished around 5pm and Vicky had CD's on Sale and I got an autograph and photos with her which she mentioned that she has a new CD coming up and also I caught the bus back to the city and eventually home. It was an AWESOME show with Vicky singing great as well as excellent playing piano and guitar and I also saw besides from Pauline and Robyn I saw Heidi and Therese and if you have not seen Vicky O'Keefe go and see her which you shall enjoy it and hear her doing her dad's songs which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 50's,60's and 70's seeing this Australian rock icon as well as those who were not born in those eras you will enjoy the experience. Set 1- Shake Baby Shake You Excite Me You Hit the Wrong Note Billy Goat That'll Be Alright Ready For You Little Girl You'll Never Cherish A Love So True Come On and Take My Hand Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood Just A Closer Walk With Thee Proud Mary Ooh Poo Pah Doo What I'd Say set 2- I'm Counting On You So Tough Sing Right Now Life Goes On She's My Baby The Wild One She Wears My Ring Mockingbird Shout Keep the Candle Burning me and Bobby McGee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015