Rock n Roll Spectacular 2014

Last Sunday September 21st I went to Kedron Wavell to see the Rock n Roll Spectacular charity show to raise money for the Endeavor Foundation. I caught a bus from Cannon Hill to the city which then I caught another bus from Adelaide Street to Chermside and walk to Kedron Wavell which I got there around 11.45am. Saw Paul Morgan from Poor Man's Sons and Anna Churchill (her brother Stan played piano in Poor Man's Sons)and went inside the Blue Pacific Room. The show started at 12pm with the back up band doing Rock Around the Clock then Barry Larter came on stage doing an great set of Johnny O'Keefe songs which there was a cardboard picture of Johnny O'Keefe near the stage and during the performance I had Beef Straganoff for lunch. the next act that came on stage were legendary singer Johnny Gray and his band the G Men which it was the first time they played together in a long time which they did an did great set doing classic rock n roll songs by acts like Cliff Richard, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley and then took photos. Wally and the Gators were the next act on stage which they did an great set doing stuff by The Everly brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard as they have a new drummer and an guitarist, bought an Johnny Gray Cd and had an Coke Zero to drink. Dennis Knight then came on stage doing an FANTASTIC set of songs by acts like Bobby Vee, Roy Orbison and Dion and then after Dennis' set I bought an Golden Years Of Rock n Roll CD which Ian B MacLeod was selling. Chris Knight then came on stage doing an FANTASTIC set doing Buddy Holly songs as well as well as La Bamba and Johnny be Goode and saw Johnny Gray which he showed me albums of photos and paper clipping he has kept over the years as well as me taking photos of them. Issi Dye then came on stage doing an great set of classic rock n roll songs by acts like Ricky Nelson, Bobby Darin etc, had an coke Zero to drink and spoke to an lady named Bernadette. The Chelsea Set which including original member Bill Hillman with Jeff Langdon of Brisbane 60's group Dimples were on next which they did an FANTASTIC set doing stuff by Spencer Davis Group, the Rolling Stones, the Angels and the Animals and after them were Ian B MacLeod which he did an FANTASTIC doing songs by acts like Slim Whitman, Gene Vincent and Carl Perkins. Roland Storm was the last act for the day which he did an great set which he did his big song Rolling With the Flow as well as other classic rock and pop songs which he sounded great as always and I had not seen him since last years Cooly Rocks On and then the show finished about 5.20pm which during Roland's set I bought an CD by Ian B MacLEod and Roland Storm as well as getting an photo with Johnny Gray. Said Hello to Roland which I got an photo with him, I walk to the bus stop which I caught the bus to the city and I caught the bus from city to home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and an great job again done by Ian Stokes for putting this together every year for a great cause as well as great compering done by Graham Webb and also the people I saw on the day besides from Paul and Anna were Robyn, Bob,Vivian, Lorraine, Sue, Kevin,Diane, Sandra, Colin, Ian Stokes, John, Ian B MacLeod, Gail and Bill Hillman. I look forward to seeing the Rock n Roll Spectacular next year and it is a great show which to those who have not seen it you enjoy it. set List- Back up- Rock Around the Clock Barry Larter- Move Baby Move Come On and Take My Hand She's My baby She Wears My Ring Sing Shout Johnny Gray and the G-Men- Move It Do You Wanna Dance I Could Easily Fall In Love With You Johnny Be Goode Blue Suede Shoes Matchbox Shakin All Over Hey Baby Wally and the Gators- Walk Right Back Rock n Roll Girls jenny Jenny Dream Baby Shake Rattle and Roll Mean Woman Blues Great Balls Of Fire Cannibals Skinny Dip Dennis Knight- Pretty Woman The Wanderer Crying Take Good Care Of My Baby Stand By Me You Are So Beautiful Chris Knight- Peggy Sue It's So Easy Heartbeat Everyday I'm Looking For Someone To love Rockin to the Rhythm and Blues Maybe Baby Rave On La Bamba That'll Be the Day Johnny Be Goode/Peggy Sue Issi Dye- Dream Lover Travellin man Don't Be Cruel Come On and Take My Hand Sway Great Balls Of Fire Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On/Be Bop A Lula Chelsea Set- Gimme Some Lovin No Secrets Jumpin Jack Flash Proud Mary Treat Her Right Bring It on Home To me I feel Good We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place Ian B MacLeod- Hello Marylou Only the Lonely Honey Don't Love Song Of the Waterfall That's Alright Mama Be Bop A Lula Blue Suede Shoes Over the Rainbow Roland Storm- 6 O'clock rock/ shake Rattle and Roll/Rock Around the clock/Long tall sally the Birds and the Bees One Last Kiss Who Put the Bomp I Wanna Love You Forever/It's On;y Make Believe Hello Josephine Rolling With The Flow runaway Bye Bye Baby Splish Splash/Good Golly Miss Molly/Great Balls Of Fire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015