the Avengers @ Easts Leagues CLub

On Friday September 26th I went to see the East Leagues Club to see legendary Brisbane group the Avengers which it's my 20th time seeing them as well as my second time this year as I have not been able to go and see them most of this year because of my tendinitis in the foot but it is better as I have been able to get back to some of my routines again. I caught a bus from Cannon Hill to Carindale and then caught a bus from Carindale to Coorparoo which I walk to the Club. I had Beef Nachos for dinner as well as having an cake for desert, having an conversation with a man about security and bumped into Colin an guy I knew from Creek Road church. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 and an half hours they did 4 sets doing classic rock and pop songs from acts like Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Cliff Richard, the Shadows, The Beach Boys, Four Seasons and many others and also in the audience that night was the original lead singer of the Avengers Dick Bentley who I had met back at the Old Rockers Get Together on May 18th this year which was great to see him again as well as having an conversation with him and Paul during one of the intervals as well as during their performance of I Heard It Through the Grapevine an guy named Frank played drums which Mick was on the dance floor. The show finished at about 11.35pm which I thanked the guys and Dad picked me up which we came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the guys sounded and played great as ever and also I am glad to see it again which I looked forward to seeing the Avengers at Easts Leagues CLub on October 17th. Set 1- Heartbeat/Runaway Singing the Blues That'll Be the Day Twist and Shout All Shook Up Rock Around the Clock Johnny Be Goode Rave On Suspicious Minds Brown Eyed Girl Fly Like A Bird The Twist/Let's Twist Again The Wanderer/Ruby Baby Surfin USA Surfin Safari Wipeout Take It Easy Come Back Again I Could Easily Fall In Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease DO You Love Me set 2- When You Walk in the Room Proud Mary Happy Together Promised Land Hey Tonight Apache My Girl Maggie May Crazy Little Thing Called Love Big Girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man Young Girl Set 3- Elenor Still Rock n Roll To me I heard It Through the Grapevine Pretty Woman Get Back Handle With Care Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Stuck In the Middle set 4- Every Breathe You Take Massachusetts/To Love Somebody Sway I Can See clearly Now 6 Days On the Road Twisting By the Pool Last Night Already Gone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015