Wendy Matthews and 1927 @ Kedron Wavell

Last Thursday March 19th I went to Kedron Wavell to see 2 legendary Australian acts Wendy Matthews and 1927 which it was my 3rd time seeing Wendy and it was my first time seeing 1927. I caught 2 buses as I accidently caught the 590 to Toombul and then caught the 598 bus to Chermside and walked to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Cafe, rang home, ordered Nachos and Sundae, bought a glass of coke and use mobile. I had Beef Nachos for dinner, drank Coke, had Brownie Sundae for desert, went to the Blue Pacific Room and spoke with my friend from the gigs Mark. The show started at about 8pm with Wendy Matthews coming on stage and she did an FANTASTIC set doing her hits Like the Day You Went Away, Let's Kiss Like the Angels Do, Token Angels, If Only I Could, Woman's Gotta HAve It, as well as some new songs which she sounded great as she was on for more than 50 minutes. After her set I saw 2 of my friends from the gigs Angie and Natalie (Daryl and Elaine's daughters) which I saw Angie on the 14th after the shave and had not seen Natalie since Sunday July 15th 2012 which I met of their 2 friends Jodie and Bec and i bought 1927 live DVD and CD. 1927 came onstage with original member Eric Weideman, Simon Shapiro on bass, Craig Laird and Damien Cooper as well as from Wa Wa Nee Paul Gray and they did an FANTASTIC set doing many of their hits like That's When I Think Of You, Compulsory Hero, Scars, Tell Me A Story and of course their big hit If I Could and lot of people came on the floor which they were singing along to the songs. The Show finished at about 10.30pm and i got a photo with Simon which Angie took it as well asking if Eric was coming out which Simon said no he was'nt and I took photos of Angie and Natalie with their friends as well as me and Natalie and Angie and also I met Daniel the sound man from the club who liked my blog which I appreciated it and Dad picked me up to go home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and both acts sounded great and played great too and also I saw Sam who works at the club. I look forward to see Wendy Matthews and 1927 in the future and to those who have not seen them do yourself a favour and SEE IT which you shall it and also I'm sure it will bring back memories who grew up in the 80's and 90's as well as those who were not born when those acts were around but who have a interest in that era you will truly experience seeing icons of Australian music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015