Mental As Anything @ Wynnum RSL Club

On Mother's Day May 10th I went to Wynnum RSL to see legendary Australian rock group Mental As Anything which it was my 7th time seeing and last time I saw them was 9 months ago at Kedron wavell as they were on the bill with Daryl Braithwaite with my friend Kristy. I caught the train to Wynnum Central, walk to Wynnum RSL, rang home, fill in survey, went up the stairs, had a Coke zero and waited. The show started @ around 4.40pm with Mental As Anything coming on stage with the line up that is original members Martin Plaza and Greedy Smith with current members Martin Cilia(the Atlantics) on guitar, Jacob Cook on drums and James Gillard on bass and for the next hour and 20 minutes they performed many of their big hits from the 70's,80's and 90's as well as a few of other people's songs with people dancing on the floor as well as Greedy's sense of humor too. The show finished after 6pm which I saw Leigh and her mum Jillane as well as meeting Ken Brown(formerly of Coast Watch on Channel 7 as well as doing 4KQ doing the coastwatch reports) and Trevor Gillmeister which I got photos with them and got photos with Greedy Smith and Martin Cilia and also other people were getting autographs as well. I went downstairs which I had Roast Chicken and Veges for Dinner, saw Angela an friend from Mt Gravatt High School and her husband Mick, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and the band still sounds great and playing great too which it is great to See Mental As Anything still going strong 36 years after their first hit. To those who have not seen the group live do yourself a favour and see them as they put on an FANTASTIC show playing great songs which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the late 70's and 80's as well as those who were not born in the era but has an interest in the era you will truly experience seeing an legendary Australian rock group. Setlist- Too Many Times Let's Cook Berserk Warriors Spirit Got Lost Date With Destiny I Did'nt Mean To be Mean Come Around Live It Up His Latest Flame If You Leave Me Can I Come Too Alien Abduction Let's Go To Paradise Mr Natural The World Seems Difficult To me Mountain Of Love He's Just No Good For You Concrete and Clay Just Like Romero and Juliet You're So Strong The Nips Are Getting Bigger Dance With You Rise and Fall of Flingel Blunt Rock and Roll Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015