Daryl Braithwaite show @ Wynnum RSL September 6th 2015

On Sunday September 6th I went to Wynnum RSL to see legendary Australian singer Daryl Braithwaite which it was my 7th time seeing him live as I only saw Daryl live 13 months ago when I saw him with Mental As Anything @ Kedron Wavell on Friday August 15th 2014. I caught the train to Wynnum Central, walk to the club, rang home, got a special card as I left my membership card @ home, ate chips, drank Coke Zero, ate savouries, went upstairs, write notes and waited. the show started @ 4.30pm with Daryl Braithwaite coming on stage which he was on stage for 75 minutes as he performed hits from Sherbet as well as his hits from the 80's and early 90's as well as the Kinks song All Day and All Of The Night and the James Reyne song Slave as well as 2 songs from the CD Forever the Tourist as well as a new song from an album he's planning to do and got the crowd singing along to the songs as well as enjoying themselves and also in the audience were Wally Lewis and Ken Brown. The show finished after 5.45pm. waited, went downstairs to the restaurant which I had Steak,Chips and Salad for dinner, drank Coke Zero, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and Daryl still singing and sounding great at 66 which he is sounding better than ever and also the his band were FANTASTIC too. To those who have not seen Daryl live do yourself a favour and SEE HIM as you should shall enjoy it which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 70's and 80's as well as those who were not born in those eras but who has an interest in the era you shall experience seeing an true legend of Australian music. set List- All I Do Blueswalkin Beautiful Feeling Slave You've Got the Gun Not Too Late Wishing Well As The Days Go By Rise All Day and All Of the Night Howzat Higher Than Hope One Summer I Love You The Horses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015