The Monkees @ QPAC Concert Hall December 2nd 2016

On December 2nd 2016 I went to the QPAC Concert Hall to see the legendary American group the Monkees with Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork which it was their first Australian tour since 1988 as well as being their 50th anniversary when the TV Show started as well as the group themselves coming on the scene which it's great to see the interest in them still as well as them releasing an new album Good Times which sounded FANTASTIC and BRILLIANT. I caught the bus to South Bank, rang home, went to the Steam Café where I had Steak, chips and Salad for dinner, drank Coke Zero, had an Sundae for desert, walk to QPAC, saw Bec from 4E who was seeing Matilda which I met her partner Reece, went inside where I bought an T shirt and an program, saw Kevin and Diane, met her brother, talked, went inside and use mobile. The show started at 8pm with clips of the opening of the TV Show and then Mickey and Peter came out on stage which they did 2 FANTASTIC sets as they performed many of the Monkees classics as well as tracks from the new album as well as showing clips of the Monkees as well as pictures of them as well as mentioning Mike Nesmith who couldn't come and Davy Jones who passed away in 2012 which it's great and as well as getting the crowd entertained with their humour as well as the crowd singing along to the songs including Daydream Believer when they showed the clip of it. The show finished after 10.10pm, walk to the bus stop but missed it, went to the cab rank which I waited for a while and eventually getting the cab home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and Mickey and Peter still sounded great as well as Mickey still singing great as ever and the back up band were FANTASTIC included Mickey Dolenz's sister Coco and I am very glad that I got to see the Monkees as it may never happen again with Mike not touring and Davy passed away but I am glad at least got to see Mickey and peter live which was great as I always hoped to see them live and I am glad that I did get to see them performing the songs which has stood the test of time as they sound just as great today as it did back in the 60's with melodies and lyrics which people can still sing along to as it's still has the realness of it all with real voices and instruments. Set 1- Theme From the Monkees(1966) Listen to the Band(1969) Saturday's Child(1966) Your Aunty Grizelda (1967) She(1967) A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You(1967) She Makes Me Laugh(2016 album Good Times) The Girl I Knew Somewhere (1967 b side to A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You no 39 USA) Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow(1967) You Bring The Summer(2016 album Good Times) Good Clean Fun(1969) Shades of Gray(1967 Headquarters album) Me & Magdelena (2016 album Good Times) Randy Scouse Git(1967) Papa Gene's Blues(1966) For Pete's Sake(1967 Headquarters album) Oh My My(1970) Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher Set 2- Mary Mary(1967) Circle Sky(1968) Porpoise Song(Theme From Head) (1968) Long Title- Do I Have To Do This Again(1968) I'm Not Your Stepping Stone(1966 b side to I'm A Believer no 20 USA) Words(1967 b side to Pleasant Valley Sunday no 11 in the USA) Goin Down(b side to Daydream Believer) DW Washburn(1968) What Am I Doin Hanging Round(1967 Pisces Aquarius Capricorn and Jones Ltd) Daydream Believer(1967) Pleasant Valley Sunday (1967) I'm A Believer (1966)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015