The Hollies @ QPAC Concert Hall

On Friday I went to the QPAC Concert Hall to see the legendary British rock group The Hollies which it was my second time seeing them. Dad took me to Cannon Hill, went to the bus stop, caught bus, got off @ South Bank, went to Cactus Republic and Rang home. Had Nachos for dinner, drank Pepsi max, walk to QPAC, bought program and cap, ate chocolate, went inside and waited. The Hollies came on stage @ about 8pm with the current line up with members since 1963 Tony Hicks on Lead Guitar and Vocals and Drummer Bobby Elliott, Pete Howarth on lead vocals since 2004, Steve Laurie on guitar and vocals since 2004, Ray Stiles on bass and vocals since 1986 and Ian Parker on keyboards since 1991 and did 2 sets doing the classic Hollies hits from the 60's and 70's as well as the song Weakness from the 2006 album Staying Power and an song called Priceless and some stories being mentioned including being in the USA in the 70's when they met Bruce Springsteen as well as being in Brisbane in the 70's as well as some great humour on stage as well as the great colour lights as everyone singing along to the songs and also mentioning that Bobby is planning to release an book which would be an great read. the show finished at about 10.15pm, I caught the bus to Cannon Hill and Dad picked me up to go home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and great playing and singing by the guys with great guitar playing by Tony Hicks who is still playing great at age 73 with great drumming by Bobby Elliott who turned 77 on December 8th and an great musical journey of an group who has been on the scene since 1963 as well as being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2010 with the classic songs that has stood the test of time which they sound as great today. I am glad that I got to see the Hollies again and I look forward to see them again soon which they are well worth seeing live. If you have not seen them live do yourselves an favour and see them which you'll be impressed. Set 1- King Midas In Reverse(1967) I Can't Let Go (1966) Sorry Suzanne(1969) Jennifer Eccles(1968) On A Carousel(1967) Magic Woman Touch(1972) We're Through(1964) Weakness( from Staying Power 2006) Priceless I Can't Tell The Top To The Bottom(1970) Just One Look(1964) Stay(1963) Look Through Any Window(19650 Set 2- Here I Go Again(1964) Yes I Will(1965) Bus Stop(1966) I'm Alive(1965) The Baby(!972) Sandy(1975) Too Young To Be Married(1970) Carrie Anne(1967) Stop Stop Stop(1966) He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother(1969) The Air That I Breathe (1974) Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress(1972)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015