1927 and Belinda Carlisle @ Twin Towns

Last Friday night I went to Twin Towns to see legendary American singer Belinda Carlisle and Australian group from the 80's 1927 which it was my 3rd time seeing Belinda as I last saw her @ Kedron Wavell Friday March 9th 2012 and 2nd time seeing 1927 as I saw @ Kedron Wavell Thursday March 18th 2015. I walked to Twin Towns, had dinner there where I had Lamb Fillet, chips and Salad, went up to the 5th floor, ate chocolate bar, went to the Showroom and Jane from work. The show started @ 8pm with 1927 with original member Eric Weideman coming on stage which they did an short set doing their songs including the classic hits If I Could and That's When I Think Of You and there was an interval which I met someone next to me. Then Belinda Carlisle came onstage with an great back band and an for the next hour and an bit she performed tracks from the Runaround Horses album as it's 30 years when it came out as well as her other hits from the 80's and 90's as well as Our Lips Are Sealed with the Go Go's and got the audiences to sing along to the songs which they did as well as entertaining the crowds as well as telling some stories and also everyone enjoying themselves. The show finished around 10.15pm, bought an 1927 T shirt and walk back to Greenmount Resort. It was an FANTASTIC show which I had an great time along with the other people and Belinda is still sounding great singing better than ever at age 60 bouncing around and entertaining everyone and the back up band were great too with an Fantastic guitarist and also 1927 were Fantastic too. Great nostalgia and memories of an time in the 80's when music was still real and these songs are still as great today as it did back then. I hope Belinda comes back again soon and I look forward to that. 1927 set list- To Love Me Don't Forget Me Believe In Your Lies You'll Never Know Scars That's When I Think Of You If I Could song unknown Belinda Carlisle set list- Runaway Horses We Want The Same Thing Whatever It Takes I Get Weak Circle In The Sand Deep Deep Ocean Vision Of You La Launa Mad About You Valentine Summer Rain Leave A Light On Live Your Life Be Free Our Lips Are Sealed Heaven Is A Place On Earth Shades Of Michelangelo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015