The Beach Boyz @ Easts Leagues Club

Last Saturday I went to the Easts Leagues Club to see the Beach Boys tribute show The Beach Boyz which the members are also from the band the Retronomes who play around Brisbane. Dad took me to Easts Leagues Club, tried to find an table but couldn't, walked to the Stones Corner Hotel, Had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke Zero and walk back to Easts Leagues Club. Saw Sarah from 4F at work, use mobile and did writing. The Show started @ 8pm with the group coming out on stage which they did 2 sets doing the classic Beach Boys songs as well as bit of Jan and Dean which the first set which they wore the striped shirts that the group wore in the 60's and floral shirt and jeans in the second set and also saw Richard who I know at the gigs with his wife who spoke to me about Paul from the Avengers passing away as Graeme Rabnott wanted me to know about it but I had known through email as well as Sue and her husband, Lorraine & Graeme and Fay and also everyone was enjoying themselves. The show finished at about 10.20pm, saw Dad, drank Coke Zero and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show and everyone had an great time including myself as well as the group sounded great and played great too doing an great job doing those Beach Boys songs very well and also I look forward to see them again as well as those who have not seen them do yourselves an favour and see them which you'll be impressed. Set 1- I Get Around Catch A Wave Surfin USA Then I Kissed Her Surfer Girl Hawaii Little Honda Wouldn't It Be Nice God Only Knows Banana Boast Song Sloop John B Dance Dance Dance I Can Her Music Set 2- Surf City Do It Again Don't Worry Baby Do You Wanna Dance Still Crusin Little Old Lady Pasadena Little Deuce Coupe Sail On Sailor California Girls Good Vibrations Kokomo Barbara Ann Fun Fun Fun Surfin Safari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015