Roy Orbison and Friends tribute show at the Newnham Hotel

 

Saturday October 2nd I went to the Newnham Hotel at Mt Gravatt to see the Roy Orbison and Friends tribute show with Mike Winkworth who is an local performer as it was my first time seeing him live and it was my first time in 4 months since Cooly Rocks On that I went to a gig. I caught the bus from Carindale to Mt Gravatt, went to the Newnham Hotel, did the check in, showed the lady the ticket on my phone, went to table 3, rang home, ordered my meal and drank some of the Coke Zero. Had Steak, Chips and Salad for dinner, drank Coke Zero, and saw guitarist Russell Bayne and Heidi who I had not seen since Cooly Rocks On 2019.The show started before 7.30pm with Mike coming in black gear and an tie and sunnies which in the first set doing the Roy Orbison songs mainly 60's as well Ooby Dooby in 1956 and California Blue in 1989 as well as saying nearly 20 wives jokingley reffering to the songs he peformed which made the audiences laughed and there was an interval which I saw Russell and Mike, drank Coke Zero and ordered crunchie chocolate and walnut brownie. The second set started with Mike wearing the gold shirt coming on stage doing Elvis Presley as well as Bill Haley, Dion, Gene Vincent Conay twitty and others which I ate for desert the crunchie chocolate and walnut brownie and drank another Coke Zero which I anwsered the question about who did the original Rip It Up which was Little Richard so I went to the bar which I bought it. Left before 10.20pm, went outside where I saw Dad and my nieces TePaea and Nanaia and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show and everyone had a great time which i enjoyed it as well as great singing and entertainment by Mike backed up by Russell Bayne on guitar, Les on drums and Bruce on bass and I look forward to seeing Mike again in the future whic if you have not seen him live please do yourselves an favour and see him which you will be impressed and amazed as well as entertained. set 1- Penny Arcade I Can't Stop Loving You Only The Lonely In Dreams Uptown Claudette It's Over Running Scared Crawling Back I'm Hurting Love Hurts Commnication Breakdown Lana Ooby Dooby Mean Woman Blues California Blue Crying Pretty Woman Set 2- Teddy Bear Don't Be Cruel Burning Love Shake Rattle and Roll Rip it Up Blue suede Shows Kiss Me Quick There Goes My Everyhing Won't You Wear My Ring Around Your Neck Rock Around the Clock Unchained Melody Dream Lover be Bop A Lula Rockin Robin The Wanderer Runaround Sue It's Only Make Believe Let the Little Girl Dance Whole Lotta shakin Goin On Pretty Woman Running Bear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015