Brisbane's First Rock and Roll Dance October 15th 1956

I go to the state lirbary every Friday to do research on music which I put newspaper clippings in my USB to post on the facebook group page that I put together about the Brisbane rock n roll scene of the 50's and 60's and just recently only a month ago when I was at the state lirbary I was looking through the October 1956 of the Telegraph (October 1st-15th) I discovered on the October 13th advert that there was an rock and roll dance was happening in Brisbane at the St Francis' Hall on Elizabeth Street on Monday October 15th which had the Rockettes(Band) as well as winning tickets for the Stan Freberg show, Rock and Roll and Jive, Rock and Roll Disc and Free Prizes and that was amazing to see that. On Friday I was at the state lirbary doing my research as I wanted to look through the Courier Mail October 16th 1956 and I found a photo on the front page of a couple dancing at the dance at St Francis hall which was great to see too. Here is the info about Brisbane's First Rock and Roll Dance at the St Francis Hall on Monday 15th October 1956 and 650 teenagers pack the hall to have their first lesson in the style of dancing and more than 100 teenagers rock and rolled on the bitumen foothpath outside. Its' amazing to know the fact and I would like to ask is there anyone who were at the dance that night as well as any stories that you have about it which would be great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015