rock'n'roll spectacular charity show Kedron-wavell

























































































































Last Sunday went to Kedron-wavell for an charity show called Rock'n'Roll Spectacular which is to raise money for the royal children's Hospital with children's cancer and this show has been going on for years now which have tribute performers as well as legendary ones. I first went to the show @ Kedron-Wavell on December 10th 2006 which was very good and among the performers were Tony WOrsley,Normie ROwe and Betty McQuade and i always look forward going to this every year which it's a very good cause. the performers this year were very good which there were some line up changes with Sharon ROundtree and an group group from Toowoomba called the Countdowns who have been around since 1965 and it started from 12.30pm-5.30pm. the comperes were Bernie Hutton(The Chevrolets) and Rex McNamara and in between acts there were raffles and auctions. I had an great time which i bought 3 CD's by Roland Storm and got autographs and photos with Dennis Knight,John McSweeney who did not perform, Tony Worsley,Billy O'Rourke who worked with the Melbourne rock group the Thunderbirds in the 1950's and Roland Storm and I asked Billy O'Rourke what Billy Owens an 50's singer from Melbourne who also worked with the thunderbirds doing which he told me that he's still around but not singing as much. I look forward to this show next year and if anyone who wants to see this show check it out which it's very good and FANTASTIC. I saw Kay Howick from BAYFM 100.3, John, catherine, Heather and john and met their daughter Angela who is getting married this month.
set list for the show-
The Chevrolets
I Could Easily fall in love with you
I Like It
Surf City
When You Walk In The Room
she's so fine
build me up buttercup
I should Have known Better
I Belong With You
Here I Go Again

The Countdowns
Say mama
Stay
I Fought The Law
Personality
She's A Mod
Teddy bear
Peppermint Twist
Silence Is Golden
Diana
Tequlia
I'm A Believer

Dennis Knight
Hey Baby
Crying
Pretty Woman
Half Heaven Half Heartache
American Trilogy

Tony WOrsley
Come on Everybocy
Rip It Up
Missing You(his 1965 hit)
Talkin About You
Velvet Waters(his 1965 hit)
Minnie the Moocher
Just A Little Bit(his 1965 hit)
Mustang sAlly

Sharon Roundtree
I Only want to be with you
son of a preacher man
24 Hours From Tulsa
This is My Song/I Know A Place/Downtown/Don't Sleep in the Subway/Colour My World
You're My World

Billy O'Rourke(Johnny O'Keefe tribute)
six o'clock rock
move baby move
ooh poo pah doo
come on take my hand
sing
shout

Roland Storm and Lucky Starr
6 o'clock rock//shake rattle & roll/rocka round the clock/long tall sally/tutti frutti
teenager in love
splish splash
sha boom
personality
hello josephine
rolling with the flow
runaway
witch doctor
ABC Boogie
Little darlin
it's now or never
mickey mouse club
sway
I've been everywhere(Lucky starr's 1962 hit)
Good Night Sweetheart

The rockin Bodgies
Polk Salad Annie
Boppin the blues
Rock'n'roll is king
Nadine
Down the road
All Shook up
shake rattle and roll
6 days on the road
sweet rock''n'roller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015