the Roy Orbison Tribute show with Athol Matcham





Last Friday night I went to Kedron-Wavell to see the Roy Orbison tribute show with Athol Matcham and it was FANTASTIC. It was my 3rd time seeing him live which the first was on Friday May 26th 2006 and 2nd was on Friday July 3rd 2009 and he always put on an great show doing the Roy orbison stuff. The show started with the back-up band doing 8 songs-I'm a Believer, Take it Easy,Crazy, Apache, bad Moon Rising,When Will I be Loved, Heartbeat and Wipe out and then Athol came on doing the first half doing the 60's & 80's and during the break I spoke with my friend Michael who I have met @ the shows there . The 2nd half had Athol doing more of the 60's, 80's including 2 of the Traveling Wilburys stuff and his and only hit on sun "Ooby Dooby" and the show finished around 10pm-10.15pm and it's an GREAT show to see as the music of Roy Orbison still endures after all these years which even though he's been gone for nearly 23 years. it's great to see people like Athol doing an tribute show to the Big O and if you want to see him check it out as you would think you're seeing the real thing.
Athol Matcham set list-
Set 1
In Dreams
Crying
Lana
Blue Angel
Words
It's over
Blue Bayou
Leah
Love Hurts
Only the Lonely
Uptown
California Blue
Ride Away
Memphis Tennessee
You Got It

Set 2
Danny Boy
I Drove All Night
handle With Care
candy Man
Communication Breakdown
Claudette
Dream baby
Working For the Man
Penny Arcade
Ooby Dooby
Mean Woman Blues
End Of The Line
Pretty Woman
Running Scared

Comments

  1. Check out www.eddiedaniels.com.au for the real thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. ear
    I write You from Milano Italy.
    I'm serching desperatly the album of Athol Matcham "It's not over tour Roy Orbison The ultimate tribute show".
    I never find it for buy on internet...
    Maybe You could help me?

    Many thank

    Marco

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015