Captain Wow show @ CArina Leagues Club





Last Friday January 20th I went to Carina Leagues Club to see Captain Wow an group who are from the Gold Coast and play around brisbane,gold coast and sunshine coast and do songs from the 60's,70's,80's up to now as well as reggae and country. It was my 4th seeing this group which I first saw them at the st Andrews Ball @ the Gabba on Saturday May 17th 2008, New Years Eve 2008 @ CArina League Club and March 26th 2010 which they were all FANTASTIC and they put on an FANTASTIC show. At Carina Leagues Club on Friday night they did 3 sets as they started @ 8pm which they started off with some acoustic stuff then rock'n'roll and did stuff by the Eagles, Boz Scaggs, Shania Twain, The Mamas and the Papas, the Bangles, Linda Ronstadt, Nancy Sinatra and others and people were having an great time dancing on the floor which I was one of them. the show lasted until 11.30pm which i said hello to Nick,Katie and Bettina and actually Katie did an stint with Darren J Ray for an time and the band were just GREAT singing great and playing great. I had an great time at the show and i look forward to seeing this band soon which to those who have not seen them go and see them at a club near you as they are just an GREAT band doing great music of the eras that still endures after all these years.
set List-
set 1
More Than Words
Handle With Care
Dreams
Father and Son
I can See Clearly Now
Feeling Alright
California Dreamin/Monday Monday
Respect
Sultans Of Swing
Slice of Heaven
set 2-
Hotel California
SOS
Give it Up
Venus
Leedo Shuffle
Waterloo
When Will I be Loved
Heartache Tonight
Man I Feel Like A Woman
These Boots Are Made for Walkin
I'm Outta Here
Red Red Wine
Lean on me
Mickey
Hey Now
Set 3
DJ
Big yellow Taxi
The Music In You
Today
Set me Free
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Walk Like An Egyptian
Celebration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015