the Avengers Show @ Easts Leagues December 9th 2012

On Sunday December 9th I went to Easts LEagues Club to see Brisbane group the Avengers which it was my 9th time seeing them as well as my 7th time this year and until Sunday had not seen them since Saturday June 23rd . I had lunch @ the club before the show which I had Beef Nachos and actually saw Roger, Paul and Graeme which he told me that his gear was in Mick's car as he was waiting for it. the show started @ 1pm and for the next 4 hours they performed classic songs by Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, the Monkees, Roy Orbison, Chuck berry as well as an few different songs and many others. In the last set they did the Eagles song Take It Easy for me which was great and I really appreciated that. During the interval I told Roger about the Dominoes show @ the Redlands Multi Sports Club and spoke with Mick as well. The show finished @ 5pm with Don't Stop and after the show spoke with the guys after the show which i spoke with Roger about Mick hadley and the Bee Gees which he first met Mick after arriving in Australia in the early 60's and remembered seeing the Bee Gees in Brisbane and the Gold COast. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had an great time and they played great as always doing great classic songs which still endures. The Avengers will be back at Easts Leagues Club @ 1pm on Sunday January 6th 2013 and if you have not seen them go and see them as they put on an great show. I saw Eileen from the rockabilly gigs, bob and his wife Vivian. Set 1- Chains Proud mary When You Walk In The Room Heartbeat Runaway I Could Easily Fall In Love With You/Do you Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease Singing The Blues That'll Be the Day Promised land You never Can Tell All Shook Up I Hear You Knocking The wanderer/Ruby Baby Rave On Rock Around the Clock Johnny be Goode set 2- When You Say Nothing At All Only the Lonley Under the Broadwalk I'll Get You Massachusettes To Love Somebody Everybody's Talkin Crazy Little Thing Called Love Happy Together Big Girls Don't Cry Walk Like A Man I Can See Clearly Now A hard Day's Night Set 3- Brown Eyed Girl Do you Love Me I saw Her Standing there It's So Easy(Roger Jellicoe lead vocal) Suspicous Minds My Girl Stuck in the Middle Twist and Shout pretty Woman get Back Handle With Care(Paul and Graham lead vocals) Young Girl set 4- Sway If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Theme From the Monkees/Last Train To Clarksville/I'm A Believer the Twist/Let's Twist Again Take It Easy Maggie May Don't Stop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015