The Hollies @ QPAC

On Tuesday February 11th I went to the QPAC Concert Hall to see legendary British rock group the Hollies which it was my first time seeing them as I have always wanted to see them and I had wanted to see them last year but missed out so i was determined not to miss out so I bought my ticket a moth ago on January 2nd and also I love the music of the Hollies which it's great music with a great sound,great harmonies and great songs.It was not my first time seeing Hollies members as on Friday June 23rd 2000 I went to see original bass player Eric Haydock with his band Eric Haydock's Hollies at Kedron Wavell Services Club which they were very good. I caught the bus to QPAC which I arrived @ about 6.40pm, bought the program and an live CD called We Got the Tunes, had a bottle of water and went inside. The show started @ 8pm with the Hollies come out and for the next 2 hours and 20 minutes they did 2 sets of classic hits the Hollies made famous as well as 2 of the songs from the Staying Power album in 2006 as well as the title track from the 2009 album Then Now Always and everyone was singing along to the songs as well as enjoying themselves which some parts of the sets there acoustic parts as well as Tony Hicks not just playing electric guitar but also acoustic and banjo which he is such a great player. The show finished around 10.20pm, I walked to the bus stop but missed it, walk to the train station and caught the train home which Dad picked me up. it was a FANTASTIC and a BRILLIANT show which the Hollies were great as they sang great and played great and the current line up of lead singer Pete Howarth since 2004, Steve Lauri on guitar and vocals, Ray Stiles on bass and vocals, Ian Parker on keyboards, Tony Hicks(since 1963 on lead guitar and vocals) and Drummer Bobby Elliott since 1963 were just FANTASTIC with great humor and getting the crowd to sing along too. I enjoyed seeing the Hollies which I am so glad that I got to see them and I look forward to seeing them again soon. To those who have not seen the Hollies GO and SEE THEM and it will be a experience for any music fan of the 60's rock music. set List- Set 1- The Day That Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam McGee(1973) I Can't Let Go(1966) Jennifer Eccles(1968) Yes I will(1965) On A Caurosel (1967) Then Now Always(Dolphin Days) (2009) Sandy(1975) King Midas In Reverse(1967) Very Last Day(Hollies 1965 album) Just One Look(1964) Stay(1963) Too Young To Be Married(1970) Look Through Any Window(1965) Set 2- I'm Alive(1965) Sorry Suzanne(1969) Bus Stop(1966) Stewball(Would You Believe album 1966) The Baby(1972) Here I go Again(1964) Listen To Me(1968)/Hey Willy(1971)/Gasoline Alley Breed(1970) Weakness(2006 Staying Power Album) Carrie Anne(1967) Stop Stop Stop(1966) Long Cool WOman In A Black Dress(1972) He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother(1969) The Air That I Breathe(1974) Let Love Pass(Staying Power album 2006)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015