The Searchers @ Kedron Wavell February 14th 2014

Friday February 14th I went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary British 60's rock group the Searchers which it was my 9th time seeing them live. I caught the bus to Chermside which left cannon Hill at 6pm and walk to Kedron Wavell. I had nachos for dinner, had chocolate Sundae for desert where I bumped in to Pam and my old friend from Crossroads Brett Jones, bought a ticket to see legendary Australian 80's group the Eurogliders on July 26th, went inside and read book while I was waiting as well as using mobile. The show started @ 8.30pm and for the 2 hours and 15 minutes the Searchers did 2 sets which they did the classic hits, some of the album tracks, some rarities including Solitiare and other classic songs including Peggy Sue with John McNally on lead vocals, Frank Allen told stories on stage about the history including working with the Supremes,the Ronettes, the Temptations, as well as their first Australian tour, recording some of the songs and others as well as having great humor stage between John McNally and Frank Allen which was so funny and also getting the crowds to sing along to the songs which it is great to see the keep crowd entertained. The show finished around 10.45pm which the Searchers were selling CD's and DVD's after the show and I got my boxed CD set that they released in 2012 signed as well as getting photos and also caught the cab home. It was a FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and they get better and better everytime I see them as well as doing different songs in the set which it's a good thing and also I saw Brenda and Karlotta. I look forward to see the Searchers again which I hope they come back next year and to those who have not seen the Searchers GO and SEE THEM as you shall enjoy it as well as hearing the songs that still endures to this day after 51 years when they came on the scene as well as bringing back memories for the those who lived in the 60's as well as people who were not born in the 60's but who are interested in that era. set 1- Sweets For My Sweet(1963) All My Sorrows(Sugar and Spice album 1963)/Where Have All the Flowers Gone(Meet The Searchers album 1963) Don't Throw Your Love Away(1964) Mr Tambourine Man Baby I Do Solitaire(1974) Have You Ever Loved Somebody(1966) Farmer John(Meet The Searchers album 1963) Goodbye My Love(1965) Runaway Peggy Sue Running Scared Seven Nights To Rock set 2- Sugar and Spice(1963) Someday We're Gonna Love Again(1964)/Ain't Gonna Kiss Ya(1963)/Saturday Night Out(1964) Somebody Told Me You Were Crying(1989) Bumble Bee(Sounds Like Searchers album 1965) Take Me FOr What I'm Worth(1966) What Have They Done To The Rain(1965) Love Potion Number 9(Meet the Searchers album 1963/US hit 1964) The Rose Young Girl Needles and Pins(1964) When You Walk In the Room(1964) Twist and Shout(Meet The Searchers album 1963) You'll Never Walk Alone Sweets For My Sweet/Don't Throw Your Love Away/When You Walk In the Room/Love Potion Number 9/Sugar and Spice/Needles and Pins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015