The Black Sorrows @ Wynnum RSL Club

\ On Sunday November 16th I went to Wynnum RSL Club to see legendary Australian group The Black Sorrows which it was my first time seeing them but it was my second seeing Joe Camilleri as I saw him at the Countdown Spectacular @ the Brisbane Entertainment Center on Saturday September 16th 2006 with Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons(actually with Wilbur Wilde) and I had not been back at Wynnum RSL Club for a show since Sunday February 24th 2013 when I saw Australian singer Shannon Noll there. I caught a bus from Cannon Hill to Wynnum which I walked to the RSL and had an glass to coke to drink as well as seeing Steven Collyer an friend from school. The show started @ 4.30pm with the group coming on stage as prior to that the manager of the club mentioned that Joe was selling the new album Certified Blue as a vinyl as an CD which he was selling for the show and the group did 1 set which they performed many of the Black Sorrows hits as well as 2 of the Jo Jo Zep hit's as well as some of the tracks from the new album and some Van Morrison songs etc and everyone was enjoying themselves and having an great time dancing on the floor. The show finished before 6.15pm which Joe has selling the CD and vinyl of the new album which I got an autograph and an photo and walked to the Wynnum Central station which I caught the train home. It was an FANTASTIC show and I had an great time and the Black Sorrows sounded FANTASTIC and played great too as well as Joe Camilleri still sounding great at age 66. I look forward to seeing the Black Sorrows again in the future and to those who have not seen them yet GO AND SEE THEM which you shall enjoy it and experience an true legendary Australian rock group. Set List- Things we Used To Do The Chosen Ones The Devil Comes A Knockin on Sunday Hit and Run Brown Eyed Girl Harley and Rose Broken Glory/baby Please Don't Go Certified Blue Cracker Return Of the Voodoo Shrieks The Shape I'm In Chain To The Wheel Bright Side Of the Road Save Me Bring It on Home To Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015