The Searchers @ Kedron Wavell Services Club

On Sunday February 22nd I went to Kedron Wavell Services Club to see legendary British 60's group the Searchers and It was my 10th time seeing them. I caught a bus to Chermside from the city as I went to church that morning, walk to Kedron Wavell, went to Cafe where I had Beef Nachos for lunch, had a Coke to Drink, had an Chocolate Sundae for desert, bought a ticket to see Hermans Hermits on August 21st, had a look at notepad, went to Blue Pacific Room which it has been refurbished, took a photo and spoke with a lady who was sitting next to me. the show started around 2.15pm with the Searchers coming on stage and for over 2 hours they did 2 sets doing their classic hits from the 60's as well as other people's songs by acts like Roy Orbison, Del Shannon, Buddy Holly etc as well as stories being told about their history as well as the great humor between Frank Allen and John McNally which it was so funny and also getting the audience singing along to the songs and that is great to see. the show finished around 4.25pm which the guys came out to sign CD's which they were selling 2 of them as one of them was recorded in Australia last year which I bought it during the interval and got mine signed as well as getting a photo and caught a bus back to the city and eventually getting another bus home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the group still played and sounded great which they get better and better every time I see them. I saw Darryl, Elaine,Samantha, BArbara,Paula and Michael and met Anna who is friends with Michael and I look forward to seeing the Searchers again next year so those who have not seen them do yourself a favour and SEE THEM as they put on an FANTASTIC show which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's as well as those who were not born in the 60's but whose an interest in that era you will experience seeing an true legendary music group who should be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame. Set 1- Sweets For My Sweet All My Sorrows/Where Have All the Flowers Gone Don't Throw Your Love Away Mr Tambourine Man Solitare Someday we're Gonna Love Again/Ain't Gonna Kiss Ya/Saturday Night Out Goodbye My Love Runaway Peggy Sue Running Scared 7 Nights To Rock set 2- Sugar and Spice Somebody Told Me You Were Crying Take Me For What I'm Worth Four Strong Winds Love Potion Number 9 The Rose Young Girl Needles and Pins When You Walk In the Room Twist and Shout You'll never walk Alone medley of hits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015