Greazefest 2015

On Sunday August 2nd I went to the Greazefest Festival which it was my 8th time and it's 5 years since it was held at the Rocklea Showgrounds. Dad drove me to Rocklea, walk to the show grounds, took photos, had a look at Record and CD Sales and saw an friend from Mt Gravatt High School Kate Koppenol whom I had not seen for a few years. The first band I saw there was the Koffin Rockers from Townsville and they did an AWESOME set which they did an mixture of covers which included AC DC,Johnny Cash, Bill Haley and Johnny O'Keefe and some originals and the guitarist stood on the double bass towards the end of their set which looked great and also they had some CD's after the show as well as seeing Sarah and Lorraine and drank Coke Zero. The next Band that came on stage were Twang which it's been about my 3rd time seeing them and they did an AWESOME set which they did their mainly their own songs as well as selling an CD and also took photos, had a look at Cruzin, Art and Hairdresser areas, had Nachos for lunch and drank Coke Zero. The 3rd and last band I saw that day was the Detonators from Melbourne which I have seen them plenty of times and they did an AWESOME set which they performed their own songs including some new ones from a CD they released recently and also they had stuff on sale after the show. I saw the fashion parade hosted by Chrissy Keepence and the girls on stage just looked great, took photos, saw Brenton, met his wife Katrina, saw Kel, Kat,Jade,Matt and Ben, talked, had an look at 50's shop, saw Joey,Amy,Allen,Sheri,Tammy and Paulie. Left Rocklea at about 2.55pm, went to the petrol station where I bought Coke Zero and Ice Cream, ate Ice Cream,Drank Coke Zero, walk to the train station, caught train, got off @ yeerongpilly,caught rail bus to South Bank, caught bus to Cannon Hill and Dad took me home. It was an AWESOME day at Greazefest with AWESOME cars, AWESOME bands and an AWESOME atmosphere and everyone had an great time including myself, Dj Jimmy D did an great job playing songs in between sets as well as introducing acts and an great job to Lori Lee Cash who puts it together every year so well done as what would the Rockabilly Scene in Brisbane would be without her. I look forward to coming back to Greazefest next year. The Koffin Rockers- Folsom Prison Blues Gotta Hold On Want To Make You Sweat/Mysterious Girl I Saw The Sign Jailbreak get Em Going Cherry Bomb Echo Beach She's Got the Look 99 Red Balloons Rock Around the Clock The Wild One Twang- Gonna Rock Need A Man To Love Me Little Love Rocket Baby Wrong Destination I'm On My Way Back Home Rockin Real Love This Little Girl's Going Home Going Crazy For You Number 9 Rockabilly Girls The Detonators- Hot Rod Tip Shout Make It Shine Best Band In the World Straight and Sober At Last Tough Sticker Old Cigarettes Go Go Go Time Night Out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015