Hermans Hermits @ Kedron Wavell August 21st 2015

On Friday August 21st I went to Kedron Wavell Services to see legendary British 60's group Hermans Hermits that has drummer Barry Whitwam which it was my 11th time seeing them and it is 20 years ago when I first saw them live as part of the British 60's show @ Festival Hall on Saturday February 11th 1995. Dad took me to the bus stop @ Cannon Hill, use mobile, caught bus, read Michael Gudinski book, got off at Chermside and walked to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Cafe, rang home, saw Kevin and Di,ordered Nachos and Sundae, bought coke, talked and use mobile. Had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke, ate Sundae, went upstairs, saw Samantha, went inside Blue Pacific Room, saw Darryl and Elaine, use mobile and waited. The show started after 8pm with Hermans Hermits coming on stage as they did 2 sets which they performed many of their hits from the 60's as well as some album tracks as well as classic rock n roll songs as well as Barry speaking on stage about meeting Elvis Presley in Hawaii as well as well the sound on Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter and how he got into drumming and the crowd sang along to the songs as the group got the crowd going and also had an CD on sale. The show finished before 10.10pm which the group came out to sign the CD's as well as getting photos with the fans which we had to go inside to do the signings and I said hi to the guys which I got their autographs and photos with them, went outside, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and the group played great and sounded great which they get better and better every time they come and also I look forward to seeing them again next year as it will be 50 years when the group made their first Australian tour. I also saw Sue,Maggie and Lorraine at the show as well and to those who have not seen them live do yourself a favour and See them as you shall enjoy it seeing an true legendary music group with great songs as well as an excellent sense of humor which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's as well as for those who were not born in the era it will be an experience. Set 1- Wonderful World(1965) Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965) Love Potion Number 9 Silhouettes(1965) Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter(1965) Jezebel My Sentimental Friend(1969) Sunshine Girl(1968) leaning On A Lamp post(1966) End Of the World Dandy(1966) Poetry In Motion/oh Carol/Dream Lover/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Runaround Sue Set 2- You Won't be Leaving(1966) Listen People(1966) Something's Happening (1968) A Must To Avoid(1966) Sleepy Joe(1968)/Years May Come Years May Go(1970) That's Life No Milk Today(1966) Let There Be Drums Sea Cruise You Never Can Tell Great Balls Of Fire/Whole Lotta Shakin I'm Into Something Good(1964) There's A Kind Of Hush(1967) I Henery The Eighth I Am(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015