Russell Morris @ Kedron Wavell February 27th 2016

On Saturday February 27th I went to Kedron Wavell to see Legendary Australian singer Russell Morris which it was my 13th time seeing him live. I caught a bus to Toombull as I had lost my ticket which I don't know where I put it and rang up Kedron Wavell before I left and caught an cab to Kedron Wavell. Got a ticket, rang home, went to the Café, Had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke, Ate Sundae, Saw Andrew and Heather Bailey, Tim Hewlett, Nick and Linda Smith and Brett Rafton and his wife which I knew them from Creek Road which I had a conversation, Paula one of the staff members from the club who I know very well said to me that there was a spear ticket which was pretty close to the front and if I would like to take it which I said yes, went inside Blue Pacific Room and spoke with some ladies on the table. The show started after 8.10pm with an local group called the Switch coming on stage which they did a set as they did their own songs and one of the musicians in the group I know her well that is SallieCampbell who plays violin as well as mandolin and they were excellent. There was an interval which I drank Coke and used my mobile. Then Russell Morris came on stage with his band including John Creech(ex Mixtures and Bluestone), Mitch Cairns who produced his recent albums, Peter Robinson on guitar and Salli played with Russell on most of the songs and did an FANTASTIC set doing tracks from the recent albums Sharkmouth, Van Diemen's Land and the new one Red Dirt Red Heart as well as his classic hits from the 60's and 70's as well as telling stories about the tracks on the albums as well as mentioning Molly Meldrum a few times. The show finished at about 10.30pm and then Russell came out to sign out stuff which I got an autograph and photos as well as while waiting I saw my friend from the gigs Mark as well as Sallie which I had not seen her for nearly 4 years when I last saw her in the city on Thursday November 8th 2012 and met 2 of her friends and Dad picked me up to go home which I bought an Coke Zero at the Petrol Station on the way home. It was an FANTASTIC show with Russell still sounding great as ever and everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and he is great live which I always enjoy seeing him live as well as the back up band were FANTATSIC too. I look forward to seeing Russell again soon and if you have not seen Russell live do yourselves an favour and see him. Set List- Good Love Bendigo Rock Walk My Blues Away Ballad Of Les Darcy God Loves A Sinner Lonesome Road The Drifter Nullabar Sand Wild Colonial Boy Birdsville Shark Mouth Too Far Away Black Dog Blues It's All Over Now Baby Blue Wings Of A Eagle The Real Thing Hush Sweet Sweet Love Rachel Money Don't Grow On Trees Please Please Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015