The Animals and Friends @ Kedron Wavell March 5th 2016

On Saturday March 5th I went to Kedron Wavell to see the British group The Animals and Friends which has original Animals drummer John Steel who played on the early Animals hits from 1964 until early 1966 and it was my 1st time seeing the Animals and Friends but second time seeing an member of the Animals as the very first show I ever attended @ Kedron Wavell was nearly 16 years ago on Sunday April 9th 2000 when I saw Eric Burdon and the New Animals which was an FANTASTIC show. Dad took me to Cannon Hill, bought Coke Zero from Subway, drank it, caught the bus to Chermside and walk to Kedron Wavell. Rang Home, went to Café, had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke and had an Chocolate Sundae for desert. Went to the Blue Pacific Room, saw Sam, Sandra, Kevin, Di, an friend of my former neighbour Helen, Sue, Ray and Michael and talked. The Animals and Friends with John Steel, Mickey Gallagher, Danny Hadley and Bobby Ruiz came on stage after 8pm and for the hour and 45 minutes performed many of the classic Animals songs from the 60's as well as other songs that were on Animals albums as well as John Steel telling stories about how Mickey Gallagher played with the group when they were in Europe in 1965 when Allan Price left and how they did House Of the Rising Sun and everyone was singing along to the songs as well as enjoying themselves. The show finished after 9.45pm which they had an CD on sale after the show so I bought one and got it signed, saw Reno from Brandi and the Badcats whom I had not seen since October 2013 and Terese who I have not seen since the Russell Morris concert on Saturday September 13th 2014 @ Kedron Wavell, she took photos of us two, I got my photo taken with the Animals and Friends, went down stairs in the Café where I saw Mum, Dad and an family friend named Carol whom Mum has known since 1968 and I've known her all my life since I was an baby which I had an glass of Coke and then went home. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had an great time including myself and the band were just AWESOME too with great playing by the guys with great singing by Danny as well as great bass playing by Bobby Ruiz who has joined the group, great piano plying by Mickey Gallagher and excellent drumming by John Steel who is still playing great at age 75 and I look forward to seeing the guys again in Australia soon. Set List- Baby Let Me Take You Home(1964) It's My Life(1965) Bright Lights Big City I'm Crying(1964) She Said Yeah Bring It On Home To Me(1965) Don't Bring Me Down(1966) I Believe To My Soul I'm Just A Out Cast Big Boss Man Hi Heeled Sneakers Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood(1965) Roadrunner I Put A Spell On You Hallelujah I Love Her So Boom Boom Inside Looking Out Around and Around Club A Go Go We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place(1965) House Of The Rising Sun(1964)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015