Digger Revell @ Rainbow Bay Surf Club June 12th 2016

On Sunday afternoon June 12th I went to Rainbow Bay Surf Club to see legendary Australian singer Digger Revell and it was my 13th time seeing him live. I walked to the Rainbow Bay Surf Club after looking around, signed in, saw an man I knew from the gigs, drank water and use mobile. The show started before 3.20pm with the back up band including Mick Martin from the Smokin Crawdads and Peter on bass performed an few songs including stuff by Elvis Presley and Van Morrison and there was an interval which I had a Coke Zero to drink, took photo, talked and saw Digger which we spoke about he's doing with Vicky O'Keefe. Digger started performing with the band around 4.15pm which he did 2 sets he did classic rock n roll, an Al Jolson segment, country stuff and 2 of his hits from the 60's and there was an interval which Australian singer Tony Worsley was there with his wife Anne as I had a chat with her, met Brian Perkins of the Delltones which was an honour and an thrill as I got an autograph and an photo and getting an photo with Digger. I left at 6.30pm, rang Dad and walk back to Bella Mare as I went to see Dean Vegas at the Golf Club that night. It was an AWESOME show with everyone had a great time including myself and Digger just sounded great as always as he is singing better than ever which I always enjoy seeing Digger and I look forward to seeing him again soon. The back band were just FANTASTIC too. To Those who have never seen Digger live do yourselves an favour and see him which you should enjoy his show. Set 1- Ole Time Rock n Roll Clap Your Hands Funny How Time Slips Away The Wanderer She's My Baby The Gambler Blueberry Hill Stagger Lee Always On My Mind Save the Last Dance For Me Al Jolson Segment I Fought The Law BLue Eyes Crying In the Rain Great Balls Of Fire Over the Rainbow(Digger's hit 1963) Johnny Be Goode Set 2- Let's Have A Party Be Bop A Lula/Rocky Road Blues Mountain Of Love Come On and Take My Hand Twilight Time(Digger's hit 1965) So Tough Old Hippie Unchained Melody Rockabilly Rebel You're Sixteen That'll Be The Day Peggy Sue Sittin on the Dock Of The Bay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015